Trusted Contributor

Mailed large envelopes of gift cards and photos to Ohio and Kansas on Dec.14, certified with signature. I'm in Florida.  Kansas received in 3 days as promised. Not yet received in Ohio and I'm livid. Tracking shows "in transit", which must mean my envelope is sitting in iCloud or something. So disappointing. Lesson learned, last time I'll ever use PO for gifts. Cleveland distribution center says they're working on it. They have trailers full of unprocessed mail and packages sitting in annex storage all around the city because they are out of space. This includes bills and medications.  My son has not had mail delivery in several days....mail trucks do not even come down his street. No wonder Cleveland has become a second rate city. I could have walked from Tampa to Cleveland faster. Remember when Pres Reagan fired all the air traffic controllers?  Well it's clean up time in the Postal system too. 

Honored Contributor

Re: USPS Routing

[ Edited ]

I am happy to report that I received an email from USPS that my package will be delivered today!!!  🤞  All's well that ends well.....told my DS to shoot off some fireworks when package arrives!!  

Glad your daughter got her package too @50Mickey . Thanks for encouraging news there.

Good luck to all those still waiting....hope you receive good news soon too!!  I won't use them again for anything important.  Sad part is....there are many good postal workers trying hard to get the job done.....not their fault.  High Five to them. Clean-up time at Postal System is right @CJC ! 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@CJC wrote:

Mailed large envelopes of gift cards and photos to Ohio and Kansas on Dec.14, certified with signature. I'm in Florida.  Kansas received in 3 days as promised. Not yet received in Ohio and I'm livid. Tracking shows "in transit", which must mean my envelope is sitting in iCloud or something. So disappointing. Lesson learned, last time I'll ever use PO for gifts. Cleveland distribution center says they're working on it. They have trailers full of unprocessed mail and packages sitting in annex storage all around the city because they are out of space. This includes bills and medications.  My son has not had mail delivery in several days....mail trucks do not even come down his street. No wonder Cleveland has become a second rate city. I could have walked from Tampa to Cleveland faster. Remember when Pres Reagan fired all the air traffic controllers?  Well it's clean up time in the Postal system too. 

That was a labor dispute/union busting.

Honored Contributor

Fed-Ex is often the same with routing things for me. I had an LL Bean order a few years back that left Maine, worked its way south to their Pennsylvania facility, just about twenty miles from me, then disappeared for three or four days before turning up in Florida. Three or four days later it was back in Pennsylvania and then to me the next day.

Shipping companies tend to use their major hub theory more than commonsense sometimes. My LL Bean package went through their PA facility on its way to the Florida hub, then back to that same PA facility to be sent to Jersey. Call me crazy, but it seems like it would make more sense to just leave it at the PA facility the first time. Still, it got to me when LL Bean said it would, so there's that. Mind you, I could have had it about a week sooner had it just gone straight to me from the PA facility the first time it landed there. They do what they do.

Lately, the USPS has been pretty good for me. They seem to forget they already delivered stuff on occasion, but that's okay as long as I get it. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

True and there is not enough space here to tell my stories.  We had a perfectly good distribution center in our area and they closed it years ago.  

Now our mail goes 65 miles back and forth even if I send a card to my next door neighbor... all pre Covid.

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624that's the funniest thing I've ever seen.  Also, UPS will send you a link in a text message to see where your truck is in real time...when the truck is just five minutes from my home...that means 2 more hours. 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

Unfortunately, my bills are taking too long to get to me too!  I had to use pay by phone & online payment the other day, because 2 bills due the first week of January haven’t arrived at my house yet. Not happy. 

Trusted Contributor

It's really crazy what has happened to the USPS.  I was waiting forever for a package that had been ordered in late November.  Nothing showed on tracking for weeks after it was shipped.  Finally it said it had arrived in my local post office and was out for delivery.  It never came so I checked the next morning and it said it was returned to the post office at customer's request!  Luckily it came late the next day.  I wasn't looking forward to having to stand in line forever to find out what was going on.

I'm very glad I went paperless with all my bills and pay everything via online banking, can't imagine what it would be like nowadays to have to wait for paper invoices and then mail a check.  

Honored Contributor

@skatting44 wrote:

Years ago, I had  packaged an   item to send as a gift . Of course the  front of the box I had my return address label and the address to whom I was sending the gift to . Well, to my surprise , in a couple of days I received  the same package to my home instead of the intended address .

I made a new label for the box and wrote in Big Bold letters  : To         From  .  I went to the post office and  complained as the postage was not cheap . I  could not belive that they delivered it to my home and had completely ignored the  receipients address on the box. 

I'm curious - did they make you pay again to re-send it?   I really hope not!

Honored Contributor

@wilma wrote:

@Kachina624 

Unfortunately, my bills are taking too long to get to me too!  I had to use pay by phone & online payment the other day, because 2 bills due the first week of January haven’t arrived at my house yet. Not happy. 

@wilma.  Do yourself a favor and investigate online banking.  I've used it exclusively since the mid 90s with never a problem or late arrival.  As a plus, I've saved a fortune on postage.  Much of it between the banks and larger creditors is done electronically.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment