Frequent Contributor

USPS Overwhelmed with Holiday Parcels and Mail

The Washington Post just posted a news alert about the dire situation faced by USPS and private mail carriers.  Mail and packages are piled up undelivered.  Many packages will not arrive by Christmas.  All mail is delayed.

"No parcels are moving at all,” said one postal worker in Michigan, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to comment publicly. “As bad as you think it is, it’s worse.”

Honored Contributor

Re: USPS Overwhelmed with Holiday Parcels and Mail

I saw that one series of pics that was posted here recenty, and I've seen other pics of the inside of POs where the parcels are just as far as the eye can see, so I cannot even imagine what people are going through to get the job done.  

Huge kudos to those who are working so hard and doing their best!

Honored Contributor

I saw that one series of pics that was posted here recenty, and I've seen other pics of the inside of POs where the parcels are just as far as the eye can see, so I cannot even imagine what people are going through to get the job done.  

Huge kudos to those who are working so hard and doing their best!

SIdebar:  This is weird - I just got a message that they couldn't post this because I have already posted once inside of 3,600 seconds and posting more than once in that time period is not allowed.   Granted, I'm old and no longer good with numbers so I had to figure out how many minutes that was, but  HUH?  and LMAO  Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

This really isn't news.  The USPS has had big red banners all over its website for over a week warning of delays.  It's hard to miss.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I posted an extensive quote from today's WaPo on another thread.

Honored Contributor

The USPS situation as it is now is certainly a result of the pandemic. But I think it brings to light that their system is in dire need of upgrades....serious ones which will unfortunately be paid for by us, their customers, somewhere down the line. This holiday season may be a huge wake-up call for them.

Honored Contributor

Nothing goes well in 2020!  We have all about reached our Max-Out-Point of Patience with Covid, etc.  Now, holidays and we want something to go well....no??  More frustrations....but, out of our control.  Sigh! 

What really has me frustrated ....I am cranking up patience and I DO appreciate USPS for their hard work trying to keep up.... BUT, today I received a package from son in Florida...just mailed end of last week.  I mailed him a package before he sent his....mine is missing...no delivery....no tracking...just "in transit".....how can the reverse shipment (same type padded envelope pkg) ....sail through via Orlando...busy HUB...and mine is still stuck in Chicago!!? 

SORRY.....said I would not complain....but, this isn't complaint.....I don't understand.  I think it is local distribution in some cities. 

It is what it is....God Bless all those working hard and may God give more patience to those of us mailing, shipping, packing, wrapping, drinking.....CHEERS and Merry Christmas!  🍷🍸🍹🥂🍻

Honored Contributor

The USPS being overwhelmed due to the holidays is not anything new. Happens every year, like it’s a surprise.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Going out today to grocery shop and passed by our local USPS...the lot was packed!  I was really surprised thinking people are still trying to mail out packages this late in the gameWoman Surprised  

2020 has been a rough yr....I can only imagine with snow storms..bad weather...covid...and folks waiting until today to still mail out packages that lot's of them will not make it there by Christmas.

Honored Contributor

like people building houses in New Orleans, etc. any place near a ocean.

Hurricanes ? uh, yeah, come around every yr. No surprise..