Honored Contributor

My three packages I was expecting ALMOST got delivered today.  I'm so sick of waiting and watching for UPS all day, then after dark they'll declare them "delivered" but they weren't.  Then I worry about them all night and start the watch again in the morning.  They are usually delivered by somebody the second day who, of course, can't be bothered ringing the close-by doorbell.

This company has really gone to the dogs.  The above scenario is happening way too often.  I'll take the USPS any day.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624  That's happened to me before.  It was only 2 stops before me, and it reached 10:00PM, they called it quits.  Got it the next day.  You can see their progression on Amazon when you track it (I think only for UPS) which I like. You see your house and the truck moving, so close to you.  But tons of people use Amazon through UPS, and it takes a while..  But once in a while, if their running late.....you'll get a message it'll be delivered the next day. It's happened to me twice.   UPS is still better then Fedex......Ironically, USPS has much improved!

Honored Contributor

@songbird    I've never gotten a message it'll be delivered the next day.  I don't know whether it has been delayed, misdelivered or stolen.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I have had experiences like your with UPS.  

I've had some orther crazy things happening with UPS in the past several weeks, too.

Not putting any notifications at all on 3 orders.  No pickup notification, no nothing.  Just one day they appeared on my doorstep.  

2 different deliveries apologizing they couldn't deliver 2 days earlier as promised.

On top of that a female talking robot answering UPS customer service line constantly asking for a tracking number.

If they don't straighten out, I will put them down there with Newgistics.  Looks like FedEx may turn out to be the winner.  

Honored Contributor

If I see them travel in my neighborhood and it's late at night & you were supposed to get it that day.....  Well if get's too late, you should get it the following day.  At least I saw that they tried to deliver it. They don't like their drivers out after 10:00-11:00 at night doing deliveries.  Much better then Fedex which you can't track so well.  You should get a message saying you will receive it the next day. They have to do that if you were supposed to get it today.  Be it at night or the next morning. UPS doesn't do overtime like that in direct deliveries.  Plus that stupid rule UPS will not do left turns if they can avoid it.  So they don't do quick direct deliveries.  They'd rather meander around the neighborhoods then do left turns. In both my cases, they left a message on one delivery it would be delayed until the next day.  The other one they didn't.  But I did get it . 

Esteemed Contributor

I guess I'm the minority with UPS as I have no complaints.  I get text updates daily with delivery progress, upgraded pkgs and great service.  No bogus delivery texts.  Unhappy when USPS is used, takes forever and have to go to walk to mailbox , unless it's to big but it rarely is.    They do their best to stuff it in.    

Honored Contributor

Go to Ups.com and sign up so you can get delivery updates, tracking. You can change your delivery dates.  You'll get texts.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 

My wife tells me this all the time. It is UPS/Amazon/FedX or USPS. She tells me they are 10 stops away, then 8 stops away. Do I care? No!

I think it ranks with the highest stupidity when any delivery company has a GPS showing where their delivery vehicle is at any time. Why they started this nonsense escapes me. 

I don't remember ever sitting at home waiting for a USPS or UPS package to be delivered, much less a vehicles location from my home. Now our TV sets from our local vendor? Yes, they can't just leave it at the door. Small packages or boxes, easy, just leave them.

I don't order a whole lot, and most comes from Amazon. They send me a delivery date and if it gets here, fine. If it's a day late, I couldn't care less. Now people are talking about X number of stops away, including my wife?  What next, Monday at 10:01am? Bess not show up at 10:05 am. Ridiculous! If something is needed that bad, ya should have ordered it last week/month.

hckynut 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

So sorry to those who dislike UPS. We have a wonderful UPS driver that we've come to know as our friend. He'll bend over backwards to give us good service. And I am one that LOVE having the GPS option to track my driver. We live rural and its nice to know when exactly our pkg will be delivered. PS Get to know your driver, it'll help with your deliveries

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

My three packages I was expecting ALMOST got delivered today.  I'm so sick of waiting and watching for UPS all day, then after dark they'll declare them "delivered" but they weren't.  Then I worry about them all night and start the watch again in the morning.  They are usually delivered by somebody the second day who, of course, can't be bothered ringing the close-by doorbell.

This company has really gone to the dogs.  The above scenario is happening way too often.  I'll take the USPS any day.

I've been there too but just with FedEx. UPS Groud is lower priority and can be delayed. Few companies use the high level priority options.

IMO, I'd never expect UPS, FedEx, or USPS to ring my bell. They're already crazy busy and working long hours.