Honored Contributor

Speaking of wrongly addressed/deliveries - last week i rcvd a package from walmart to someone in Idaho but I got it. First off, I don't order from walmart online, haven't for over a year. Secondly, I immediately got onliine into my account at walmart to delete my card on file. This is why it's dangerous for us to do this.

I also got into my cc accnt to make certain this really wasn't charged on my card AND it was not. Don't know how this happens but it does.

So the person in Idaho will need to order this cheap white plastic tablecloth again (a very cheap $7.00 order). I trashed it.

Honored Contributor

@Its Me LuLuBelle2 wrote:
Slightly off topic, but this reminded me of a serious problem we encountered 11 years ago when my MIL passed away (her husband had died 9 years prior) so the house was now vacant. My DH & I lived about 25-30 miles away from her. DH would go to her house about every two weeks to maintain the yard, check on the house, etc. He would check the mail and on multiple occasions there was mail, always addressed to the same woman, sent to my MILs address.

To make a very long story short, my DH finally went to the Post Master with the accumulated mail telling him this woman was not, and never had been a resident. Turns out she was a scammer, opening credit card accounts, taking out loans, etc., in her name (fake), using others SS#s. She would read obituaries, knew where homes were vacant and use those addresses for her scam. Although my DH had picked up some of her mail, she had picked up far more. After a long, extensive investigation, she was caught accessing the mailbox, picking up loads of mail and was arrested.

It was truly an eye opening experience as to the lengths dirtbags will go to perpetuate crimes. And btw, she did do jail time (not enough however IMHO).

@Its Me LuLuBelle2 

AMAZING...WOW!!! 😮  Glad the scumbag was caught

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@Longhorn Gal wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@Jordan2  - if they don't pick it up, while I wouldn't go out of my way to do it, I would keep it in the car and drop it off at one of the UPS stores or Staples when I was passing by.

That's a good idea, however I don't feel this should be my problem.

It's not, but what would you want someone do to if that was your package left on a stranger's doorstep?

I experienced that situation couple years go...my QVC Vionic shoes were delivered by UPS to wrong house about 2 blocks from me.  I was tracking online, expected pkg, when delivered but did not receive, contacted UPS. UPS tracked where it was delivered (they gave me the address) and next day driver went to house where delivered, no one answered door, note left by UPS. Resident never contacted UPS to return pkg;  QVC replaced the shoes.  So, not everyone is honorable, at least not in the Montgomery County, MD neighborhood I have lived in for decades; the area has changed over the years, not surprised at outcome.  Had a pkg been misdelivered to me, I would have contacted UPS to pickup package or take it to the address if it was close enough. I have had USPS misdelivered many times and taken mail to correct address.

Honored Contributor

What exactly are you complaining about?  Of course, they wanted your phone number.  First, your complaint about the package was logged in by your phone number because that was the only way to track it since there already is a name/address discrepancy.  No one from UPS is going to crank call your house.  You did your due diligence.  You alerted UPS and now it's up to them to pick up the package or to not pick it up.  My guess is, they contacted the company and the company (where the error occurred) is doing whatever they have to do to and they don't want the package back.  I would hold the package for a week and if UPS failed to come for it, I'd consider it a gift and open it up.  

Trusted Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@Jordan2  - if they don't pick it up, while I wouldn't go out of my way to do it, I would keep it in the car and drop it off at one of the UPS stores or Staples when I was passing by.

UPS will refuse any package, and the address--right or wrong name--will end up in the same place.  You have to go through their system.  After awhile the package is essentially yours due to abandonment.

Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Honored Contributor

I am the OP and I called UPS again today. I was told I was never scheduled for a pickup. I was also informed as far as they are concerned UPS delivered the package to the correct address it’s not their problem. I asked if the company has contacted them (UPS) and inquired about tracking down the lost package, they haven’t. It seems to me I care more about this than either company does. As for those who feel I haven’t done enough, what do you expect of me?

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I am the OP and I called UPS again today. I was told I was never scheduled for a pickup. I was also informed as far as they are concerned UPS delivered the package to the correct address it’s not their problem. I asked if the company has contacted them (UPS) and inquired about tracking down the lost package, they haven’t. It seems to me I care more about this than either company does. As for those who feel I haven’t done enough, what do you expect of me?

@Jordan2 

open the box, call the brightstar company customer service.

proceed from there.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

OP here, I got a package from UPS today so I finally got a chance to see my UPS driver. I told him my whole story about the package, he took it back so now it's up to him what happens to it!

Esteemed Contributor

Slightly off topic, but I recently had a neighbor move in next door.

A few weeks ago, the postal carrier accidently delivered his tax refund check in my mailbox. (it had been forwarded from his old address to his new one. It had the yellow sticker with the new address on the envelope).

It goes without saying, that I gave my new neighbor his mail. 

I

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.