Honored Contributor

If it had YOUR address on it, UPS didn't make an error.  They delivered it correctly. 

I think the package needs to be returned to the sender and they should deal with it.  The sender made the error, they need to correct it and do the leg work to send it to the correct address.

I'd mark  the package, "return to sender"  and drop it off at UPS or have them pick it up.  

Honored Contributor

@50Mickey wrote:

@Jordan2  It's not your. probalem but it is the right thing to do. If it is a good distance from your house you can call UPS and ask themto pick it up. Wht else would you do with it, throw it away?

@50Mickey 

According to the OP she DID call UPS to pick it up, they just didn't ever call her back to arrange a pick up, as they told her they would do.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

if it came to your address...... open it up, call the customer service number for whichever company sent it out, explain the situation, and see what THEY say about the order. if it isnt anything expensive they may just tell you to keep it OR they may ask you to put the return label on it and they will get it picked up.

brightstar is a company that deals with mobile phones and other devices.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

So 'going out of your way' was making a phone call??  Wow...

Oh, I forgot about the rant, guess that counts...

Valued Contributor
Slightly off topic, but this reminded me of a serious problem we encountered 11 years ago when my MIL passed away (her husband had died 9 years prior) so the house was now vacant. My DH & I lived about 25-30 miles away from her. DH would go to her house about every two weeks to maintain the yard, check on the house, etc. He would check the mail and on multiple occasions there was mail, always addressed to the same woman, sent to my MILs address.

To make a very long story short, my DH finally went to the Post Master with the accumulated mail telling him this woman was not, and never had been a resident. Turns out she was a scammer, opening credit card accounts, taking out loans, etc., in her name (fake), using others SS#s. She would read obituaries, knew where homes were vacant and use those addresses for her scam. Although my DH had picked up some of her mail, she had picked up far more. After a long, extensive investigation, she was caught accessing the mailbox, picking up loads of mail and was arrested.

It was truly an eye opening experience as to the lengths dirtbags will go to perpetuate crimes. And btw, she did do jail time (not enough however IMHO).
Trusted Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

if it came to your address...... open it up, call the customer service number for whichever company sent it out, explain the situation, and see what THEY say about the order. if it isnt anything expensive they may just tell you to keep it OR they may ask you to put the return label on it and they will get it picked up.

brightstar is a company that deals with mobile phones and other devices.

Yup this is what I would do. It's either the sender's fault or the customer the ordered it screwed something up. Or just mark it refused and give it to your driver next time you see him. UPS wouldn't have any choice but to deliver it to you in the first place. You could have a guest there that ordered something. They have no way of knowing.

Respected Contributor

The last time UPS delivered the wrong package I just caught up with the driver the next day and gave it to him. He kinda didn't want to take it but I gave it to him anyway and said thank you for taking this off of my hands and got back in my car and left.

I have seen where UPS has delivered several of my packages to the wrong location and thankfully the receiver took the item to the post office. I eventually received it via USPS the next day. Thank goodness for the kindness of the person receiving the package and the fact it was shipped using UPS/SurePost shipping!

Respected Contributor

I would either call UPS again, take it to a UPS store or give it to the driver next time he delivered.

Just yesterday, I got a package - USPS addressed to someone not at my address.  I looked her up and it turned out she lived on my street.  I delivered the package to her.  Our mail person is not very reliable - often leaves packages in the street in front of the mailbox rather than drive down the long driveway to leave it - and often delivers incorrect mail.  I do what I can to help.

Honored Contributor

@50Mickey wrote:

@Jordan2  It's not your. probalem but it is the right thing to do. If it is a good distance from your house you can call UPS and ask themto pick it up. Wht else would you do with it, throw it away?

I would call UPS, live chat or tweet at them and call/ contact the company

it could also be some kind of dodgy fraud thing as well sending packages that way. 

PS not my responsibility

to  take the package for drop off 

also I would not have an issue giving out my phone number when I initiate a call,  

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom   Been there, done this a time or two myself. Just call UPS, they're make arrangements for a driver to stop by and pick up wrongly delivered packages.

And I do the same, put a big note on the pkg "UPS". Done.