Honored Contributor

UPS Christmas Delivery......................

is absolutely horrible.  Packages are left outside and no one rings your bell.  I am in an apt. and home all day and here comes a neighbor from the 1st floor with a package for me that was left outside the door by the bells to the apts.  No one rings the bell.  They leave the pkg. and run.  I meant to call UPS and complain but I forgot but I will make it a point to call on Monday.  Anyone else having similar experience?   Cat Happy

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

Re: UPS Christmas Delivery......................

They leave it on my porch.  I don't expect any more than that.  These people are only human and everyone wants it yesterday.  They are hard workers.

Respected Contributor

I think there are many substitute  UPS carriers who are  hired for the Holidays.They are very busy and working later hours already.  Mine have been nice. Some knock and some don`t.  I try and meet them if I can to save them  some time.  I have a long driveway.I thanked my UPS carrier today and he said, "Oh aren't  you sweet. ". Just like  USPS mail carriers some are conscientious and do a great job and some just do not care , in a big hurry making mistakes and drop and run. Hope it is just this time of year annoyance.

Trusted Contributor

Yes.  Twice in one week.  On Monday, my neighbor's package was left outside my door.  Then on Wednesday, my package was left outside the same neighbor's door.  

Frequent Contributor

I signed up with UPS (it;s free)  you can track anything from the time the lable is created to delivery.  Over the years I have come to recognize the sound of the truck and If I am

especting something I will watch to see if the truck stops in front of my home.  

I couple of times we have had a problem with a company and have been able to

work out a refusal or a return with him.   However, this time of year they are in a rush

or have substitute drives.   Bus signing up really helps.

Trusted Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

is absolutely horrible.  Packages are left outside and no one rings your bell.  I am in an apt. and home all day and here comes a neighbor from the 1st floor with a package for me that was left outside the door by the bells to the apts.  No one rings the bell.  They leave the pkg. and run.  I meant to call UPS and complain but I forgot but I will make it a point to call on Monday.  Anyone else having similar experience?   Cat Happy

This happens where I live too, and to my knowledge, they are not supposed to do this if you have an outdoor apartment entrance where packages can be left outdoors, unsecured.

I called to say something too, and to let them know that no one bothered to ring our bell, and that I was home.

The package was left outside where anyone could just come up and take it if they wanted to.

Honored Contributor

It's that time of the year, and am sure we will hear more on this subject.

It's not just UPS, also FedEx, and USPS......  Fortunately there are some of us in this apartment building that look out for each other.  And if a package has been left at our door and there was no knock, we let each other know and see to it that the folks receive their package.  

Honored Contributor

No delivery person UPS or USPS, has rung my doorbell or knocked in the past couple of years.  Fortunately my dogs usually sound the alarm.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

We are all in the same boat. Check prior posts re shipping. USPS is no better.

Honored Contributor

@Equuleus  My normal UPS guy is a gem but this holiday help could care less.  Luckily nothing has been stolen (there are people who look out for packages to steal this time of year).  It would be different if I lived in a house and could see the truck but I have no idea they are coming.  They don't ring the bell and leave it outside our locked door.  I am not happy about that.

kindness is strength