Honored Contributor

Re: UPS Christmas Delivery......................

I know my UPS guy by name. Great guy, great service!!

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

sign up for notifications with UPS and you will be aware of where your package is and when it is delivered.

I had a delivery at 7PM last night and got a text msg right then 

these guys must  

be super busy now if they are out delivering that late 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Go to UPS dotcom and sign up for MyChoice.  You can set up emails or texts that will tell you the aprox time of delivery as well as when they were delivered.  You can also set up where you'd like your packages delivered.   I set mine up to have them put on the back deck so they aren't easily seen by others. 

You may still have issues with your locked entrance but registering may give you some support to know when to go look for the package.

Fyi, UPS, FedEx, USPS are not required to hand deliver packages.  If your entrance requires a buzzer to get in, UPS leaves it outside the door.  It's always been this way.   If past UPS workers would ring your bell or wait for you at the door, you've been lucky as he/she has gone beyond what they're required to do.

Honored Contributor

It's tough this time of year when tons of us order online and have deliveries made at our homes. We have to be vigilant, follow tracking to know when we are expecting dropoffs so we can be prepared and know when we're to get them. Hopefully our vigilance can prevent stolen items from our porches.

I know it's difficult when we work, and it's crazy how late UPS (at least) and USPS deliveries are made way into the hours of darkness. I've had the same thing happen at my home whereby I get a delivery late at night - 8P'ish or so. Seems crazy some of the deliveries arrive this late but I believe UPS works until they've finished their day and night.

Just an hour ago here (630A) in the dark still a USPS mail truck just drove by to start their day already!