Honored Contributor

Tyson/Perdue Chicken Nuggets Recall

[ Edited ]

Tyson Foods is recalling more than 36,000 pounds of chicken nuggets because they may be contaminated with rubber.

The news comes after two recalls of nuggets from another top brand, Perdue - first 68,000 pounds that may contain wood chips, then 16,000 pounds that may contain undeclared milk. 

The US Agriculture Department says customers complained about finding the material in five-pound packages of Tyson White Meat Panko Chicken Nuggets. 

There are no confirmed reports of adverse reactions.

The packages have a best if used by date of Nov. 26, 2019 and the case code 3308SDL03. The establishment core P-13556 is inside the USDA inspection mark.

The nuggets should be thrown out or returned to the place of purchase.

For more info on both & distribution list:

https://www.fsis.usda.gov/wps/portal/fsis/topics/recalls-and-public-health-alerts/current-recalls-an...

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Re: Tyson/Perdue Chicken Nuggets Recall

My question is always "how?" How did the rubber or wood get into then in the first place? 

Just another reason to make everything at home from scratch and not buy processed.

Honored Contributor

Yum

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Not that you could even taste a difference. 🤷🏻‍♀️🤮
Honored Contributor

@bikerbabe wrote:
Not that you could even taste a difference. 🤷🏻‍♀️🤮

@bikerbabe

LOL! Great minds think alike!

I thought the same thing!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

My question is always "how?" How did the rubber or wood get into then in the first place? 

Just another reason to make everything at home from scratch and not buy processed.

The rubber I can understand. Lots of machinery uses rubber as cushions, shock absorbers, and the like. If a rubber bushing or something fell apart and fell into the production line, that could explain that. The wood? That I don't get. Food grade assembly lines are typically made of lots and lots of stainless steel with no wood in sight. Maybe, and this is just a guess, a pusher/plunger thing used to force the chicken through the grinder got ground up a bit? My old food grinder had a wooden plunger thingie, so maybe their big old commercial one does also? The rubber I can understand and hey, those things happen. The wood? Well, that's a little trickier to explain.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

The good news seems to be that they may actually contain chicke too.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I just saw a commercial on tv that said they don't use antibiotics and never have. Didn't mention the other little ditties.