Honored Contributor

One we might take advantage of later -maybe:

Dairy Queen is doing a buy one Blizzard for 99 cents, get one free. Deal lasts until September 3.

Denny's is selling all-you-can-eat "Mooncakes" for $4.00 - all day and night long. 

These were just posted on our local newsfeed. Let us know if you see any more! Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I need something "alcoholic" after listening to all the hype about this eclipse....

Honored Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

I need something "alcoholic" after listening to all the hype about this eclipse....

Make mine a double.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

Re: Two "Eclipse" Deals

[ Edited ]

J. Crew is offering 50% off all items at its factory store online. The one-day sale also includes free shipping with the code 

The code is in the title of the thread. 

@lolakimono

Honored Contributor

I think the DQ deal is buy one Blizzard at regular price, get another for $0.99.

Super Contributor

@beach-mom thanks for sharing!

I need a blizzard like I need a hole in my head, but wow does that sound good right about now Smiley Surprised

Never mistake kindness for weakness
Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

I think the DQ deal is buy one Blizzard at regular price, get another for $0.99.

@ValuSkr - This is where I got my information:

"Dairy Queen - They're not exactly eclipse-themed, but DQ's Blizzards are buy-one-get-one-free starting today. (That will get you two for just a buck.) The deal will run through Sept. 3."

But I did check other sites, and most are posting what you did: Buy one, get another for 99 cents. 

I'm still going to try to talk DH into going tonight. We don't have one THAT close to us, but if I can work around baseball times, I might! Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

I think the sites reporting the Dairy Queen deal are all over the place!

This from Business Insider:

"Starting on Monday, August 21, the fast-food chain is debuting a buy-one, get-one Blizzard deal. The two Blizzards for the price of one will cost just 99 cents."

From Refinery 29:

"Beginning on Monday August, 21st and extending through Sunday, September 3rd, DQ will shell out $0.99 BOGO Blizzards in honor of the eclipse and summer's end."

From ABC news:

Dairy Queen

The fast-food chain will feature a buy-one, get-one Blizzard deal, so two of the desserts will cost customers a cool 99 cents until Sunday, September 3.

"We love any excuse to celebrate with our fans," Maria Hokanson, American Dairy Queen Corporation's executive vice president of marketing, said in a statement. "What better way to watch the eclipse or enjoy the last lazy days of summer than with a Blizzard BOGO?"

So who knows what we'll find when we actually go there? Smiley LOL