Respected Contributor

Re: Two Senior Women Attack Each Other In Check Out!!!!!!

@wismiss  First I want to say how sorry I am that your mom was injured when she was so vulnerable.  Or in any capacity, very sad that it happened at all.

It's true that we don't know what is going on in other people's heads.  I stay very cognizant of that when shopping.  I think most shoppers try to stay aware of what's going on around them unless they are reading a label or involved in a conversation.

As we age, as you mentioned, changes happen and what you said is a good reminder to just be aware that when being out in public, what is going on simply cannot be "all about me" without it creating a negative experience in some way, big or small. 

Some people actually don't mind at all if they create a negative experience because the negativity somehow elicits a confirmation in them of something beyond my understanding --  it would take some therapy to unpeel that.

Valued Contributor

Re: Two Senior Women Attack Each Other In Check Out!!!!!!

Be careful at those check out lanes.  This happened to me about a year ago when a woman in front of me started yelling at me for putting my food in her area!  She even started picking up my food and throwing it on the floor!  Nuts!!!  My food was behind the bar but the cashier advanced the belt so fast that some of my items looked like they were with crazy lady's food.  All she had to do was tell the cashier those were not hers but she opted for confrontation.