Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Turn signals are not rocket science!

Yesterday I got behind someone doing 10mph in a 25mph zone. I couldn't pass as it was a residential area. For almost a mile we puttered along with an ever growing  line of cars behind me. Suddenly they stopped completely in the middle of the street, put on their left blinker and made the slowest turn I've ever seen. Put the darn thing on before you actually start turning. I think it's 100 ft. before turning to indicate your intention.

Today I was at a stop sign and wanted to make a right hand turn. A car was approaching with his right blinker on indicating he was turning where I was waiting to enter the highway. Thank heaven I didn't turn thinking he was turning on the road I was pulling out of, he went right on by me. I followed him down the highway and a 1/4 of a mile later he finally  turned.............left.  His right turn signal still going

Going on the road is an adventure for sure.

Respected Contributor

Re: Turn signals are not rocket science!

@CrazyKittyLvr2   Do you live in Florida?  I hear it's like that everywhere in the retirement communities.  Around here in Ohio, when I have an experience like that (or someone going 50 on the freeway), when I look over at them it's 90% going to be a senior.  BTW, I'm a senior citizen myself, but I drive a 6 speed manual Mustang, and I assure you I didn't but it so I could drive slow!!

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

ITA!!! I don't pay attention to blinkers. Just because it's on does not mean they are turning. That's how they drive around here.

They also think right on red means just keep going around that corner. No you are suppose to stop & look before you turn if your light is red?

Just because the light turns red does not mean they are stopping either. Around here you had better look both ways before entering the intersection when your light turns green.

The worst yet is the motorcycles cutting in & out of traffic plus speeding which causes accidents when a motorcycle is involved & was not seen because of their high rate of speed.  

If people are driving slow honk your horn. LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

I love the ones who put on their left signal and then turn right.

(Or vice versa)

Honored Contributor

It appears my area of CA has the opposite problem.

Turn signals that are SUPPOSED to indicate intention so the other drivers are made aware of someone's intention are not even turned on until someone is actually in the midst of making a turn.  I would be fuming every day if I hadn't already learned it does me no good to fume about this.  But you do wonder just what they think they are trying to accomplish.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Valued Contributor

Yes!  Turn signals work in every state! It's amazing! (Yes, also a pet peeve when people don't use them! Ugh!)

Esteemed Contributor

@2blonde   lol, no not Florida.  Good ole Pennsylvania.  Speed limits are just suggestions and men that think if 4 wheel drive works on snow, ice is ok too. I can't tell you how many trucks around here end up in a ditch when the roads are iced covered.

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

It appears my area of CA has the opposite problem.

Turn signals that are SUPPOSED to indicate intention so the other drivers are made aware of someone's intention are not even turned on until someone is actually in the midst of making a turn.  I would be fuming every day if I hadn't already learned it does me no good to fume about this.  But you do wonder just what they think they are trying to accomplish.

@GingerPeach 

Where I live I'd venture a guess that 30% of all drivers here don't bother using a turn signal at all.

Respected Contributor

Drivers have become so lazy and selfish. No consideration for other drivers.

I will sometimes honk, but I never know the state of mind of some drivers.

I don’t want to get involved in a road rage incident.

Honored Contributor

@deeva wrote:

Drivers have become so lazy and selfish. No consideration for other drivers.

I will sometimes honk, but I never know the state of mind of some drivers.

I don’t want to get involved in a road rage incident.

@deeva 

Well, you know, I can't put my turn signal on when I'm holding the steering wheel in one hand and my phone in the other!