Honored Contributor

I so enjoy this store!  I hate to hear this.  Anything fun and unique - of course, has to go! So depressing.  It was always a fun place to go and browse.  You never knew what you would find. 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Frequent Contributor

In order to survive, physical stores must have an on-line sales operation with accompanying shipping support. Perhaps that will be the next big thing for them. If they depend only on foot traffic sales, they will go out of business.  Or, they can take their whole store operation to Ebay, and sell things there. I would shop in a Tuesday Morning E-bay store if it were available. Tuesday Morning has lots of interesting things. 

The pandemic changed a lot in our lifestyle. Few people are now willing to spend time, gas, and effort, or risk their lives to germs and disease, or physical violence, simply to shop for things. Some states now have open carry laws, and it is like "Gunsmoke", the fastest at the draw lives.  Socialization, and being around others may be the only thing left to attract people to go to physical stores. The strategy that might work is to try to provide both on-line and physical shopping.

Respected Contributor

The corporate headquarters for Tuesday Morning is in our area....got an email three days ago saying their main warehouse store, where I shop frequently, would be closing. I was really sad to hear that...figured this was the last breath of the company. Then yesterday, got an email that said the first email was a mistake and the main store would be remaining open. I hope it's true. I buy my bedding and rugs there along with lots of seasonal things. 

Honored Contributor

Each time I went to my store they had less merchandise so I finally stopped going.

Trusted Contributor

i just went to the one right near me yesterday.. i was hoping to get alot of good deals.. they had nothing.. junk.. i was suprised.. it looked like they knew they were gonna close. so they didnt order anymore.. i got a accent tray for 13.00.. but i was disappointed...

Respected Contributor

Tuesday Morning gets its name from opening on Tuesdays mornings when their new sales begin. They sell closeouts and overstock items. I love browsing there and always look for room size rugs there. The brands they carry are upscale and first quality, no defective merchandise or imperfects.

Honored Contributor

Well, I'm sorry, I know this has been discussed endless times, but shopping on-line just can't compare to the experience of going to a store like Tuesday Morning in person and browsing!  I got an e-mail a few days ago that said that the store closest to me is in the process of closing and so -- better come now and get what they have!  I have always loved this place and spent many happy hours there!  Woman Sad

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

At least it looks like the Tuesday Mornings in our City are staying open.....I've always enjoyed browsing and shopping there

I also miss Pier one, they do gave a smaller version of their former self online......

I also miss Steinmart too that closed awhile back, nice quality clothing at reasonable prices, great shoe selection, and nice home decor items too.....

Amazon and their new CEO are making many changes and also their prices aren't the bargains they once were, so despite the convenience of ordering online, some shoppers will start to really miss the brick and mortar stores and the variety of stores we used to have....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

It seems like when you see less merchandise in a store that means the worst. I am surprised that Dillards is still hanging on. A regular department store is almost extinct.

Honored Contributor

I used to love Tuesday Morning and found lots of neat things.  Which I am now boxing and hauling to the Salvation Army.  Woman Frustrated