Trusted Contributor

Have you considered Prescott?  Better weather. 

Trusted Contributor

We have a place in Gilbert!  Trilogy. Neighbor 

Trusted Contributor

I would not retire in California and I live here. 

Valued Contributor

@pinkcrystal: My brother and SIL bought a beautiful home in Tubac AZ about 7 months ago. Said he would not want to move back to California. The only thing he complains about is that. They don't have good Mexican restaurants that make Chile Verde like they do in Calif Lol!!

Respected Contributor

@cactusgal wrote:

@pinkcrystal: My brother and SIL bought a beautiful home in Tubac AZ about 7 months ago. Said he would not want to move back to California. They only thing he complains about is that. They don't have good Mexican restaurants that make Chile Verde like they do in Calif Lol!!

Oh, I so agree - the Mexican food here is good, just different from California.

Esteemed Contributor

From where would you be relocating, @pinkcrystal ?

Cogito ergo sum
Respected Contributor

@pinkcrystal wrote:

I really want to move somewhere south.  Does anyone recommend retiring in Tucson?  If not, why not?  Any advice would help, thank you! 

@pinkcrystal   Thank you for asking this question.  I too want to relocate to the SouthWest when I retire.  I have a few more years to go.  I am using some of my vacation time each year to "check out' different areas.  Last year I went to Albuquerque and Sante Fe in New Mexico.  This year I plan on going to Phoenix and Tucson in August.  Need to see if i can handle it in the summer.  Next year the plan is to visit parts of Nevada....thinking Laughlin area.

Super Contributor

I've lived quite a few places, Portland OR, Omaha, NE, Michigan, Dallas, Tx.  I didn't mind winters so much until the last few years, I'm just over snow, ice, driving in it and even looking out the window at it LOL.  I have done Texas weather and though the winters were mild, I wasn't a fan of the horrendous thunderstorms and tornadic weather.    I have visited the southeast and it just doesn't appeal to me for some reason.  The southwest does.  Smiley Happy  

Esteemed Contributor

@Travone : I live in the White Mountains of AZ and go to CA at least four times annually and always spend the night coming and going in Laughlin (hotels are $80 or way less) but I wouldn't think of retiring there (or Bullhead City, where most people live).  It's really hot and boring and not too much shopping (even most of their restaurants aren't terrific).

Respected Contributor

@patbz   thank you....I really appreciate the feedback.  While I want decent weather, I definately also want things to do.