Esteemed Contributor

Re: Trusted Id Premier

[ Edited ]

@Krimpette wrote:

I bit the bullet and signed up for LifeLock.  Did it through mrrebates and got an awesome rebate.

@Krimpette I question the strength of  LifeLock's services... the CEO had his identify stolen several times!

Esteemed Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

I signed up  - and today receved an alert. The descrption is very generic 'updated tradeline' - but it's via a bank that I stopped dealing with last year when my account was skimmed. That account number was frozen and a new one issued- which I never activated.  

I looked at my credit report and everything looks okay- but I really want to know what this alert is about. The phone # is call is busy all day. And the website is hanging up every time you try to look into it further! 

It means nothing.

Most creditors report every month to the 3 bureaus. All it means is that your closed/defunct account is reporting as closed.

If you're concerned, call the card issuer and ask them about their monthly updates.

Honored Contributor

@Ibby114 Well, I guess I'll take my chances...........along with many others, apparently.  When I tried to enroll by phone, the hold time was at least 60 minutes, due to the volume of calls they are receiving.  My trusted financial advisor of many years recommended that I enroll.

Honored Contributor

I did and finally got the activation email after three days.  I clicked through the link to activate it and it won't go anywhere after I enter my info.  I tried mobile and work computer.  

I finally broke down and emailed customer service and told them to get their you know what together and fix it.  Their response was they would get back to me when they could because of the volume they are receiving.  Well, offer something that works and not a broken button and you won't be inundated with emails.  Smiley Frustrated

Actually I was nicer than that but I am over this frustration.  It's almost like they don't want you in the service.  I have never had so much trouble trying to follow someone's rules in all my life and I did nothing wrong!

Esteemed Contributor

@BirdieGal DH & I are considering putting a freeze on our credit as well.We currently have 90 day alerts in place.What is the procedure to activate the freeze.I know it has to be done for all 3 bureaus separately.Does it take long? Is it a  complicated process? Thank You 😊.

Honored Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

@Ibby114 Well, I guess I'll take my chances...........along with many others, apparently.  When I tried to enroll by phone, the hold time was at least 60 minutes, due to the volume of calls they are receiving.  My trusted financial advisor of many years recommended that I enroll.

@Krimpette   Time for a new "advisor"?

Esteemed Contributor

@Snowpuppy wrote:

@Ibby114 wrote:

I signed up  - and today receved an alert. The descrption is very generic 'updated tradeline' - but it's via a bank that I stopped dealing with last year when my account was skimmed. That account number was frozen and a new one issued- which I never activated.  

I looked at my credit report and everything looks okay- but I really want to know what this alert is about. The phone # is call is busy all day. And the website is hanging up every time you try to look into it further! 

It means nothing.

Most creditors report every month to the 3 bureaus. All it means is that your closed/defunct account is reporting as closed.

If you're concerned, call the card issuer and ask them about their monthly updates.

@Snowpuppy thank you! I was concerned seeing a closed account (& a problem one at that  noted. I never activated the new account  number they gave me so I started wondering, my credit report looks okay though.  Barclays Bank has the most questionable algorithms for security ! I'll never deal with them again. 

Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

@BirdieGal DH & I are considering putting a freeze on our credit as well.We currently have 90 day alerts in place.What is the procedure to activate the freeze.I know it has to be done for all 3 bureaus separately.Does it take long? Is it a  complicated process? Thank You 😊.

@NicksmomESQ  Go to each of the credit bureaus websites and they will have a freeze section.  It was very simple with Transunion and Equifax years ago.  You do have to pay a certain fee in accordance to what your state charges.  Mine was $3 for each freeze and done quickly online.  

Experian wanted me to send copies of driver's licenses and other paperwork like that to PO Box to do their freeze.  I opted not to do that so I have them monitored for free via AAA.  And I have just now placed fraud alerts.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden Not in my opinion.  He's absolutely awesome and I've done very well by him over the years.  

Trusted Contributor

Re: Trusted Id Premier

[ Edited ]

@NicksMom

Go here:

https://www.oag.ca.gov/idtheft/facts/freeze-your-credit

Its safe. We used it today and they have the direct links for the page for each credit reporting company right on their info page.

We did it all online. The only one that took a few times was Transunion because they are obviously slammed.

We then signed up with True Identity (a Transunion owned protection service) It is free. None of this is difficult at all. Just a few fields to fill out. 

And to add...most states do charge. Equifax is waiving their fee if you freeze within 30 days. Do NOT sign up for their free protection because to get it free you must sign away any right to sue them.

I am in CA so it was $10.00 each for the other two. So $40.00 total for my husband and myself. Money well spent I say.