Super Contributor

Anyone changing your vacation plans because of the virus.?

we plan to go to Disney World- flying in a couple weeks. 
My husband says not to worry no worse than the flu. He feels the news is blowing it out of portion.

Honored Contributor

Flying from our local airport to West Palm Beach in 3 weeks and I am not worried, I am immune suppressed and I always take precautions when I fly

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Yes, we cancelled Egypt.  Enjoying our lives and taking normal precautions.  But we have nixed out of country travel temporarily.

Esteemed Contributor

Nope

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Respected Contributor

Not changing any of my plans.  If I lived my life in fear of what might happen, I'd never leave the house.  Life is for living, not hiding.  Just be prudent and take recommended precautions.

Honored Contributor

We were going to take a cruise and have decided to wait.

Honored Contributor

Re: Travel/vacation plans

[ Edited ]

We're leaving tomorrow for New Orleans.  Also have plans for the last 2 weeks in April.  Flying both times.  Have no intention of changing anything.

However, if I had plans to fly internationally or especially taking a cruise, I would definitely reconsider.

I also read that 80,000 people died from the flu last year in the U.S. alone and that the vaccine is less than 50% effective.  How come I never heard about this???

Honored Contributor

Have no plans and if I did , yes---I would change them. I think there is way more to all this than the info that is given to us---but time will tell. 

Honored Contributor

After hearing my local news last nite, I definitley agree, much more to this, it is not to be taken lightly at this point. 

Esteemed Contributor

We are leaving April 29th for a river boat cruise on the Douro river in Portugal.  Not changing our plans, not overly concerned.  We are both retired  health professionals and feel that yes, it is being blown out of proportion.   We are always aware of our surroundings and take precautions such as the standard hand washing and  we always carry Lysol wipes for the plane.   Our boat only carries 84 passengers so it's not like a giant cruise ship with thousands (we gave those trips up years ago).   We are traveling while we can and do our best with diet and exercise to stay healthy.  You never know, I've already had cancer so I move on with life!