Esteemed Contributor

" I was particularly fond of the El Monterey Extra Crispy Beef/Cheese taquitos." @Icegoddess 

Those sound really good! No wonder they were your favorite. I'm not sure TJ's taquitos would stand up to those in a taste off but if you can't find your favorite at least you have an option.

I microwave mine for less than a minute and crisp them up in the air fryer for another minute or two. I like serving them with sour cream mixed with sriracha because they can be a little plain on their own. Your comment that yours have cheese makes me wonder if they might be good with cheese melted on top. I think I'll try next time.

TJ's makes some tiny frozen tacos too but I wouldn't really recommend those. 

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

We just had one open in our area a month or so ago.  Was so excited when I read all the comments on here.  I went today was very disappointed.  Prices higher that other area markets, very little to offer.  Oh well.

@rms1954 We go by occasionally and pick up a few things but their veggies are pretty much the same price as Whole Foods which is just down the street.

TJ's doesn't have a good selection of things we eat as far as dry goods, pantry items and meats, cheeses and dairy.  It's mostly novelty items, wine, sweets and snack foods at ours at least, and the produce is nothing to write home about.

There peanut butter cups are WAY the best around, and the cookies in the red box at holidays are great!  

Respected Contributor

Try Trader Joe's pepper jelly with cream cheese on a cracker for an instant appetiser.  Yum!

Esteemed Contributor

I love the cheese and dairy sections at Trader Joe's! Here's a pic of both. The cheese photo (top pic) doesn't include all the regular sliced cheeses in hanging packages that most grocery stores carry. 

The 10 Best Cheeses to Buy at Trader Joes, According to Experts | Cooking  Light

Trader Joe's Does Not Think Its Controversial Brand Labels Are Racist

I just finished a wedge of Toscano dusted with cinnamon that was to die for. Plus they always have a specialty cheese of the month.

I will say that while the fruit and veggies are very reasonably priced some of the meat can be high. I don't really buy beef but I understand it's pretty pricey everywhere these days. 

Valued Contributor

I have a Trader Joe's about a mile from my home.

I think we go there at least once a week. We find so many things we like.

There are a number of items there that are less expensive than other places. There are items that are about the same or a bit more. I just depends upon the quality of the items that you are comparing. 

Respected Contributor

I guess it depends where you live and what your TJ's stocks as well as what you like to buy, but mine is very well stocked and I buy most of my groceries there.  I love TJ's!  I rarely go to Safeway (haven't been in well over 2 years).  Both TJ's and Whole Foods are far more convenient for me anyway, so I shop in both.

Respected Contributor

I like TJ's. I always enjoy going there. They just seem to have things that other stores dont.  I dont do my main shopping there, but I do take a trip every once in awhile. 

But, it is not for everyone. I took one of my brothers there yesterday and he has never been and he was not impressed and probably wont be going back. 

Respected Contributor

I appreciate their fresh and frozen vegetables.  Gluten free bakery items tasty.  Flowers such nice variety as gifts.  Some prices a bit higher but usually its worth it.  Spices also worth a look.  

Esteemed Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

Now I have found I need to go back to return a carton of chicken stock and when I removed the plastic screw top the foil underneath the cap was broken.   I probably won't bother.

@rms1954 I had that happen and I thought I had to throw it out , opened another same thing ,  then I realized that the foil was indeed there but that the sharp pieces under the top cuts through the foil once unscrewed !     I've been using there broth since and always the same so I feel it's ok to use .   Thought I'd pass that along hope it helps.

Honored Contributor

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

Now I have found I need to go back to return a carton of chicken stock and when I removed the plastic screw top the foil underneath the cap was broken.   I probably won't bother.

@rms1954 I had that happen and I thought I had to throw it out , opened another same thing ,  then I realized that the foil was indeed there but that the sharp pieces under the top cuts through the foil once unscrewed !     I've been using there broth since and always the same so I feel it's ok to use .   Thought I'd pass that along hope it helps.

Thanks.  I've never seen that happen before.  Good to know.