Honored Contributor

Re: Trader Joe's recommendations

If you have the time, I'd slowly go up and down all the aisles to see their wonderful offerings.  Some might appeal you, some mght not, but all are worth looking at.  I shop there every week.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The frozen French Onion Soup is good.  A box contains two "plugs" that you bake - one each - in oven-safe bowls (i.e., not Temp-Tations).  It's delicious, containing all you want, including bread and cheese.  [I noticed the other day that sister company Aldi's has something similar, so it may be cheaper there.]  TJ's Tuscan Pane bread is also very good - for the price, it's one of the best packaged breads you'll find..

Honored Contributor

@Bhvbum wrote:

Trader Joe’s dunkers - kids love them:

CD042EC8-BCA7-4164-9BA8-488679F5C710.jpeg

Amazon carries Trader Joe's stuff.

Honored Contributor

They have a chopped salad I like to buy, I add their grilled chicken to it, it is so much better than Perdue's Short Cuts chicken. I buy my elderly mother these mini ice cream cones, they come in vanilla and chocolate, they're small but since she is diabetic it is a good size for a small treat (she is 91 I figure when you make it to that age you should be able to cheat)! I also buy Chicken Cilantro Mini Wontons, I fry them up in a pan, I sometimes eat them as is or put in some chicken broth. Lastly I buy Cauliflower Gnocchi, I'll put some sauce over it, you need to be careful when making these as they can sometimes become gummy. I'm sure your trip to Trader Joe's will be well worth it, you will find your favorites.

Honored Contributor

I was there today and disappointed they no longer have the curry chopped salad..  Picked up some ice cream sandwiches, mango chutney, marinated artichoke hearts, sweet potato tortilla chips (make great nachos) and a couple of bunches of fresh daffodils for the dining room table. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

TJ's has a nice selection of greeting cards and - best of all - they cost only 99c.

Honored Contributor

My regulars are diced walnuts that we add to cereal, kumato tomatoes, Calcium Citrate with Vit D tablets, Italian virgin olive oil, sesame oil, Milton's Healthy Multigrain bread, hunks of real Reggiano Parmesan, frozen Naan either plain or with garlic, and their Simply Nutty Dark Chocolate, Nuts, and Sea Salt Bars (can't live without them.)

How could I forget their Key Lime pie in spring/summer?

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

frozen breaded eggplant . 

Spoiler

Respected Contributor

@Bhvbum wrote:

Trader Joe’s dunkers - kids love them:

CD042EC8-BCA7-4164-9BA8-488679F5C710.jpeg

@Bhvbum  Ding, ding, ding, ding! My husband and I love them. I try no t to walk down that aisle because inevitably, I grab a container. I have no willpower when it comes to those dunkers! 

They also make a Maple Sandwich cookie, that's great. Very few TJ's carry it.

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Coquille 

I can't have that maple sandwich cookie in the house!!!