Esteemed Contributor

Trader Joe's recommendations

I just moved and there is a Trader Joe's five minutes away.  Have never been, so looking for what is good and what to stay away from.  Thanks!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Trader Joe's recommendations

The worst thing I ever bought from TJ's was mochi. That's not to say you won't love it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sauerkraut (deli section)...I use a few tablespoons daily for probiotic as well as taste in lunch salad.  (This brand used to be carried at Costco at an excellent price point....no longer Smiley Sad)

I buy the following organics at TJs as staples: Persian cukes, potatoes (Russets, golds, reds), sweet onions, celery, red peppers, broccoli, tomatoes, kidney/garbanzo beans, arugula, coconut milk, low sodium veggie broth,  frozen brown/white rice, quinoa, roasted corn.  All organic, regularly in stock, and reasonably priced! 

Dr. Bonners peppermint soap

Happy ShoppingSmiley Wink

Just for fun you can go to Rich Roll's video on how to shop inexpensively for your groceries (I just checked...called Vegan on $25) ... one of the stores he visited was TJs...you might like to see what he purchased.  I buy most of my organics from TJs, Costco, and Sams...those listed above are staples I buy regularly at TJs that are always onhand in my home and in the store.

Respected Contributor

Any of their nuts.  Especially love the 1/2 salt.  Their chocolates are delish.  Their frozen veggies and mixes for stir fry etc are great time savers.  I like many cuts of meat and they have pre-seasoned packs of meat that are really good and quick.  Their argan oil is as good as Josie's.  Enjoy your trip.  Wish I had one close.

Honored Contributor

@twinsister @They have a great return policy so if you don’t like something they will take it back.I like their yoghurt,cheese selection,frozen Chinese foods,frozen veggies,bags of avocado,hummus...so many things are good.Have fun shopping.

Trusted Contributor

Great cheeses, desserts, chocolates. 

Honored Contributor

PEANUT BUTTER CUPS!  Sliced mushrooms, green tea mints, cereal (one with vanilla is great--can't remember the whole name!), steel cut oatmeal organic.

Honored Contributor

I’m not a big Trader Joe’s shopper, but I LOVE these. They’re located at the cash registers/checkout. 

E4F94133-64AA-4482-A3A4-2274E4C771E9.jpeg

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

Trader Joe’s dunkers - kids love them:

CD042EC8-BCA7-4164-9BA8-488679F5C710.jpeg

Respected Contributor

Their mini ice cream cones, triple ginger cookies, over freezer in a clear plastic tub, yogurts, frozen Indian and mexican foods. Their dim sum and potstickers, A preseasoned meat (not frozen) called bulgogi. I don't like premade salads but mr henny loves them from TJ.

They have a great selection of cheeses at good prices.

Just go and have fun. Lots of new to look at.