Honored Contributor

Re: Trace Adkins performing drunk

@GCR18wrote:

That's ridiculous that he got paid.  If he was really sorry, he wouldn't have taken payment and donated from his money.

@GCR18

I read that he "donated his performance fee to the hospital". TMZ article. As a recovering alcoholic I understand the day by day struggles. For many it is more often than day to day.

As I said in my other post, even my favorite singer of all time, Elvis, performed when his mind was in an altered state, and it finally contributed to his death at a much to early age. I saw him in Live in Concert 4 times, the last the same month he died. It looked terrible, but his voice was better than all the other 3 I attended.

Many seem to worry more about drugs and empathize with the addicts, but when it comes to alcohol? Doesn't seem to me it is looked at quite the same. Alcohol is served or available at many events in people's lives, and is a legal substance and harder to avoid in an average person's  activities. Drugs on the other hand? I find them very easy to avoid being in their presence.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
QVC Customer Care

Re: Trace Adkins performing drunk

This thread is closed for commenting...