Honored Contributor

Re: Trace Adkins performing drunk

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

It could have been worse....instead of singing he could have been driving a car.

Yes, he almost fell off his seat on stage though.  

But the only person injured would be himself.  Which is just fine.

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

It could have been worse....instead of singing he could have been driving a car.

Yes, he almost fell off his seat on stage though.  

But the only person injured would be himself.  Which is just fine.

Not necessarily, depends on the set up, but I see your point.  Peformers have fallen off stage and into the crowds before.  

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

This saddens me. I've been a fan of his for a long time and know that alcholol has been an issue for him for years. My dad was an alcoholic... I know the struggle. I sincerely hope he is able to get help to fight the demon. Good luck to him.

Honored Contributor

@itiswhatitis wrote:

I know most to nothing about the man.  I'm wondering why his people let him perform in such a state of inebriation?  Managers, band, etc.  No one told him this was a bad idea?

@itiswhatitis

How many "late" rock stars were high on other than alcohol? Did anyone in their entourage stopped them? Nobody, because the Star was their meal ticket, and that is why they are now referred  to as the "late(insert name). 

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@nomless wrote:

@GCR18 wrote:

That's ridiculous that he got paid.  If he was really sorry, he wouldn't have taken payment and donated from his money.

@GCR18, the original post says he did donate his payment to the charity.

@nomless

Correct.  He took money for the performance and donated it.  I didn't think he should have been paid for the performance since he didn't really give one.  I thought he should have reached in his pocket and donated his own money if he really felt bad.  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

How incredibly sad. A few years ago when he was on Celebrity Apprentice (yes, THAT show LOL) I really liked him. He was this big dude with the deeeeeep voice who was a pussycat. He was very tender-hearted and played for a charity that had touched his life via his daughter.  He was pretty sharp and pretty open about his demons so it's a shame he's having such a bad go of it. 

I'm going to pray that he will seek treatment and wish him success.

dee

ETA: I don't see the need for the condemnation of anybody, most certainly someone battling an addiction. A wise man once said, "Those without sin cast the first stone".

Esteemed Contributor

@deedledeedeedle wrote:

How incredibly sad. A few years ago when he was on Celebrity Apprentice (yes, THAT show LOL) I really liked him. He was this big dude with the deeeeeep voice who was a pussycat. He was very tender-hearted and played for a charity that had touched his life via his daughter.  He was pretty sharp and pretty open about his demons so it's a shame he's having such a bad go of it. 

I'm going to pray that he will seek treatment and wish him success.

dee

ETA: I don't see the need for the condemnation of anybody, most certainly someone battling an addiction. A wise man once said, "Those without sin cast the first stone".

Who here has condemned this man?  I hope you give some insight on this statement.  Keep it real!

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@itiswhatitis wrote:

I know most to nothing about the man.  I'm wondering why his people let him perform in such a state of inebriation?  Managers, band, etc.  No one told him this was a bad idea?

@itiswhatitis

How many "late" rock stars were high on other than alcohol? Did anyone in their entourage stopped them? Nobody, because the Star was their meal ticket, and that is why they are now referred  to as the "late(insert name). 

hckynut(john)

That's a good question, but I don't have a clue.  

*Call Tyrone*
Respected Contributor

A lot of these performers have alcohol/drug issues.  Some hide it and some don't.

That being said, I've seen Trace perform in person several times.  The last time he appeared to be under the influence, but he put on a good show.  He was even joking around about a sleeping drunk guy sitting up front.  Woke the dude up and poked fun at him.  I saw him at the Country Music Awards after party in Vegas one year.   He really had it together, and went on stage to apologize for the way John Rich was acting (drunk, nasty, arrogant).   The next day I was taking a cab to the airport and the cabbie told me that he had been driving Trace around and he had been sitting in the same spot I was now sitting.  I felt honored to say that my butt touched the same spot that Trace's butt touched  LOL

The poor guy went through a really tough time.  His house burnt down, his dad died soon after, and then his wife left him.  I hope that he can get it together.  He's a great guy.

Respected Contributor

Musicians and actors have been performing drunk since the times of the traveling minstrels and well before..nothing new..It was almost expected back in the day for a musican to have a bottle on stage wiht them.. 

this is nothing new or newsworthy... just all too common tragic excess..

Now if it were my  surgeon, or pilot, which i am sure also happens, THEN I would be outraged and frightened..

If musicians want to be self destructive, well, that is their choice, or their "sentence", more likely...