Valued Contributor

Check Trip Advisor as someone suggested.  The traffic in TO is awful especially if you have to hop onto the 401/407/427; also be careful you don't end up on one of the thorough fares that you need a transponder for, if you do, you'll get a bill from Ontario that you owe them $$ for the trip. At least the dollar is good now, your exchange rate should be at least 30%.  

Queen Street is very nice to visit. Lots of shops (quaint) and restaurants; more there than on Yonge Street, that's gone down hill.  Where the old Maple Leaf Gardens used to be there is now a Great Canadian Super Store (Loblaws), it's amazing. 

Enjoy!  

Helen852
Esteemed Contributor

@Vivian, I agree with you. NIagara on the Lake is gorgeous.  So beautiful, lovely landscaping, beautiful stately homes on large lots, great restaurants, good theater in NOL and in Toronto.  Be sure to take in a show.

The  advice to do Trip Advisor on Toronto is good.  Do that!  LM

Esteemed Contributor

Many years when my daughter was in law school, they sent her to Toronto for a converence - lucky her it counted for her credits. She was young and didn't want to go alone so I went with her.

What a great city! It was so clean. We had breakfast together each morning then while she went to her conference, I explored the city. I walked everywhere - we weren't far from the water, the CN Tower, BlueJay Stadium, Shoe museum, university. The only thing I took a trolley to was the Beaches section to Lake Ontario.

Another great city to visit is Chicago - so much to see and do - especially over Labor Day weekend with the jazz festival.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you for the many replies! I looked at Trip Advisor and they have a day trip to Niagra that stops in the little town several people have mentioned.

I love quaint little towns, so I would enjoy that.

They have a later trip that shows the falls lit up at night. On the weekends there is a fireworks show.

I want to do it all, but need to make a choice!

They sell a City Pass that allows you to go to the CN tower and the castle, and the aquarium.

Now I need to decide how many days I can manage. I have three dogs am always paranoid when I have to leave them in the care of someone else.

I know they will be OK but I still worry!

Honored Contributor

Re: Toronto Canada

[ Edited ]

Went there on my honeymoon -1969- we wanted to see HAIR at a theatre in Toronto  - it was cool - you sat like in a bowl and the stage was in the middle - almost like a sport stadium. We had a good time there. I believe Circ de Soliel is there right now.

Honored Contributor

Toronto is lovely, very clean and multicultural, people there from all over the world. Very hustle buslte, reminds me of NYC. Casa Loma, Science Ctr, Marche, Eaton Ctr for shopping are sites to see, CN Tower. Yonge St is where great shopping and excitement is. Use your credit card, then bank converts conversion rate on your bill, very easy. One night in Falls is plenty, ride the Maid of the Mist, see the Falls at night, that is about it, go to the Canadian side.