Re: Today is National Left Handers Day

@OKPrincess, and everyone,

Not me, but, a few in my family!

https://www.askideas.com/media/52/Happy-Left-Handers-Day-Lefty-Girl-Picture.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

Lefty here!

Like most left handed people, I am somewhat ambidextrous.  I switch hands when applying makeup, left hand for left eye, right hand for right eye. 

I write strictly left handed.my handwriting is good.

Lefty here too!  Although my right hand is pretty much useless except for maneuvering the computer mouse and holding vegetables I'm chopping with my left hand.  I do everything else with my left hand. 

Honored Contributor

@OKPrincess@Mj12@meallen616@nana59@Mistic

107F9CDD-A914-4FF3-B535-7C4500DA958E.jpeg

Me too!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Thanks, @OKPrincess, and happy left-hander's day to you and the rest of the goup...

I like being left-handed, even though I've randomly and haphazardly adopted a few right-handed behaviors, like scissors, etc.

Left-handed, right-brained...

Honored Contributor

Yay for us!  Smiley Happy

I'm totally left-handed except for scissors.

When I broke my left arm last Fall, I learned what a total moron my right hand is.   It was brutal.    Even though I had to try and use the right hand for quite a while, it's still pretty worthless except as a support hand for when I do things with my left hand.

My left arm and hand will probably never be the same because I could not afford the surgery I needed to fix it, but at least I'm able to function with it pretty well again.

My husband is also left-handed, but I can't really watch him write because he does that thing with his wrist turned around so his hand faces him when he writes.   Hope that makes sense!  I'm glad I never did that because it just looks painful.

Esteemed Contributor

Hubby and one granddaughter.  I was told I was switched as a kid but I have no real proof.

Hubby uses both hands however but he says the important stuff he uses his left hand.  Annoying at a restaurant LOL  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Me too!!.....Im a lefty.....

!Image result for cat raising left paw

It as caused me a few problems  ---  the cord got in the way when I was learning to iron,  in High School Phys Ed class in baseball, no one could pitch to a left handed batter, so I would get bruises and black eyes from their mis-aimed pitches.  And thank God for left handed scissors, there was smudging ink when writing.... A lot of challenges for sure.... WE DESERVE A SPECIAL DAY! Woman Very Happy

Throughout the centuries, many of our most celebrated thinkers and artists have been lefties. From Aristotle to Leonardo Da Vinci, Albert Einstein to Marie Curie, Bill Gates to Oprah Winfrey, our world would be a very a different place without the numerous notable lefties. Scientists have found that lefties tend to be better at divergent thinking, allowing them to think of more possible solutions to a problem than just the obvious. It's a skill that can certainly help with creative thinking.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

Me too!!.....Im a lefty.....

!Image result for cat raising left paw

It as caused me a few problems  ---  the cord got in the way when I was learning to iron,  in High School Phys Ed class in baseball, no one could pitch to a left handed batter, so I would get bruises and black eyes from their mis-aimed pitches.  And thank God for left handed scissors, there was smudging ink when writing.... A lot of challenges for sure.... WE DESERVE A SPECIAL DAY! Woman Very Happy

Throughout the centuries, many of our most celebrated thinkers and artists have been lefties. From Aristotle to Leonardo Da Vinci, Albert Einstein to Marie Curie, Bill Gates to Oprah Winfrey, our world would be a very a different place without the numerous notable lefties. Scientists have found that lefties tend to be better at divergent thinking, allowing them to think of more possible solutions to a problem than just the obvious. It's a skill that can certainly help with creative thinking.

I am also a lefty.  I own a book on left-handers and it's very interesting that all these people and more are lefties. It's true the right side of the brain is the creative side and our thinking is diverse and creative.  I can work rings around some of my family members because I think differently.  When I was a second grader and we learned how to write cursive, the school sent us lefties to the third grade teacher to learn how to write.  She was left handed and taught us how to turn our paper so we didn't have to arch our arm to write the way right-handers do.  When I was in school we had the desks that were shaped to rest  the right arm when we wrote and that was difficult for us, as our left arm would not have support when we lefties wrote.  It was quite a challenging life.  But I'm proud to be left-handed. 

Honored Contributor

I like being left-handed, too!  Smiley Happy

But one oddity with me is that I'm totally not creative.  Maybe that was just quashed during my horrible childhood - I don't know.  But I'm about the least creative person there is.  I'm a very clinical, analytical thinker and if you come up with the idea and the visual, I can probably figure out how to do it.  I just won't be able to come up with the creative part.

Honored Contributor

I am not but one grandchild is left-handed. 

*raising a toast to all lefties-with my left hand, of course*

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh