Frequent Contributor

I'm so sorry for your loss.  It's never easy and I know exactly what you both are feeling as I've been there.  You gave Toby a wonderful life and lots of love and he gave them right back... what a sweet kitty.  Heart

Honored Contributor

Re: Toby at Rainbow Bridge

[ Edited ]

John, I am so sorry that you and your wife have lost another of your precious feline buddies.  It sounds as though you and Toby had the same sort of close bond that I have with one of the two sibling kitties we rescued nine years ago.  I love both, but one chooses me as his prize lap while the female chooses my older son to hang with.

Anyone who loves his or her pet understands what you are going through now.  I am so sorry for your loss.

We have buried every pet of ours in the backyard, including our large dog.  There are three cats, our large dog, three bunnies, 15 gerbils and a couple of hamsters out there.   Regarding the gerbils, we thought we had purchased two boys -- well, you know how the story went.

[Toby had such beautiful, silky fur.}

Trusted Contributor

Re: Toby crossed Rainbow Bridge

@hckynutjohn  I am so sorry for your loss. My sincere condolences to you and Cindy. It sounds like Toby had a long and happy life.💕🐾🙏

Esteemed Contributor

John, I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved Toby.  It is wonderful how he found you and Cindy, and you gave him a long and loving life.  But it is never long enough, and I totally know all the pain in your heart.  Please take care of yourself during this very sad time.

Trusted Contributor

@hckynutjohn   What a wonderful love story you two had.  Although I am sorry for the physical loss of Toby, I know that your connection will continue-- just in another form. 

Honored Contributor

Very sorry to hear about Toby, @hckynutjohn --  what a little dear he was.  Love his expression and his beautiful coloring.  So glad he had a long time with you two, ideal pet parents.

We have a Toby too--  he's amber with a small white bib.  He was a young stray that showed up, and actually kept jumping up on our porch railing to peek into side windows into the house, until we noticed him.  A total love sponge like your Toby seems to have been.

Condolences on your loss, @hckynutjohn

Respected Contributor

So sad that you have lost your special fur companion. He will always have a special spot in your heart. 🌈
Trusted Contributor

@hckynutjohn  I'm so sorry to hear the news about Toby.  You two had a very special bond that I completely understand.  My Ziggy was just like your Toby, and I still miss him to this day.  It's so heart breaking to lose such a special pal.  I'm sorry for your loss, John.

With sympathy,

~LdyBugz

Respected Contributor

@hckynutjohn My gosh, it saddens me to hear you've lost another beloved pet. It's always heartbreaking, but in this case it will be especially tough.

Toby picked you and you've been joined at the hip since. You'll deeply miss him in your recliner with you.

So sorry for the loss of your buddy. Toby will be running free at The Bridge.

Honored Contributor

So very sorry for your loss @hckynutjohn .