Esteemed Contributor

What a handsome fellow. By your words, it's clear he knew nothing but pure love. Godspeed, Toby!

Respected Contributor

What a handsome lad. I am sorry for your loss. I think of my past pets every single day. They bring so much joy for that short time they are here.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Super Contributor

@hckynutjohn  I am sorry

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry for your loss. We too lost a 15 year old baby on the 17th. She was the sweetest calico. She was in kidney failure and was having seizures so we had no choice. They probably introduced themselves at the rainbow bridge and have having a great time. 5AB0C102-3AE0-4E28-9E64-4A803B589887.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

@hckynutjohn 

So sorry,

love-left-behind-loss-of-cat-quote.jpg

Respected Contributor

So sorry for your loss of Toby.  You gave him a loving home for many years.  Take care.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Toby at Rainbow Bridge

[ Edited ]

John, I am so sorry for your loss. It's so painful but our furry family members give us so much joy. My beagle has terminal cancer and despite my having experienced the final good-bye too many times, it never gets easier.

Similar to Toby's story, my brother's cat showed up one day. My brother didn't know the gender so, when the cat decided to adopt my brother, the cat became Pat the Cat. Once my brother took the cat to the vet, he was renamed "Mr Pat." Soon after Pat settled in, Pat's mother, who had accompanied her son in finding a good home, started to visit him daily. She is an outdoor cat but my brother and sister-in-law bought her a warm home where she can stay over during her visits after dinner with her mama's boy Pat.

Valued Contributor

So very sorry for your loss.  It never gets any easier, does it?  

Honored Contributor

@hckynutjohn - I'm so sorry. Toby chose the right home all of those winters ago, and I don't think it was a coincidence. This will be hard for you especially, since he chose you to be his person and his comforter. We have one like that right now. Our youngest rescue is completely devoted to DH. Once in a while DD and I will "do," but as soon as DH walks into the door he has a shadow. Toby went to the Bridge knowing he was loved. My thoughts are with you, Cindy, and Toby's brothers and sister. 

Honored Contributor

Awww @hckynutjohn   so sorry.