Honored Contributor

Gross.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

@Catiele wrote:

Neither one of them were considerate of the other ones issues. 

Exactly.  They were both jerks looking for trouble and one way or another, they were going to find it.  Hubby, said he'd have coughed, sneezed and gargled his water.  She'd put that seat up lickety split!  

This might have worked also

35A9032C-DE5D-4F4F-B565-669D9615C217.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66.  Yes, I read your entire post.  I think both of these people behave badly. in a childish fashion.  If I did something that upset someone else, I think I could amend my actions in a manner that might be acceptable to us both.  I wouldn't like for someone to be lying in my lap or my tray table rendered inoperable so I couldn't use my computer.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

I haven't seen the video, but from what I've heard, they were both jerks.  But she was the bigger jerk.  Who sits in an airline seat and reclines all the way so they're practically in the next person's lap.  Very inconsiderate.

@ValuSkr- If you look at any of the videos of this, you'll see that she had only reclined her seat a few inches.  She was still practically upright and he had his tablet (or smartphone) on his table, with his earbuds in.  So it wasn't as if he had her in his lap.  He certainly had enough room to keep punching the back of her seat and then slapping his hand against the side of it, nearly hitting her.

As others have said, seats in economy don't recline very much at all on most airplanes now.

Some legal commenters have said that, believe it or not, this man's actions constitute assault, so he could yet find himself in trouble.  I'd say he needs an anger management course.

A friend and I had to sit in those last two seats, when our original flight got cancelled and we were lucky enough to get on another one fairly quickly.  The seats were cramped and uncomfortable, but we were just glad to manage to get home pretty much on time.  No other passenger on that flight was responsible for our seating arrangements.

Honored Contributor

I was watching FOX a few minutes ago.  They played the tape.

He had his tray down.  Perhaps he’d have more room if he put his tray up...just thinking out loud.

I do agree that it could have been handled better but by the stewardess.  I don’t know if the plane was full but if there was another seat free, he could have moved to it.

Like someone here said, he bought the ticket, he must have known his seat didn’t move back but the seat in front of him did.

What makes him so special?  He reminds me of people I see every day....they think they’re “special”.

Im constantly amazed at the number of people who think they are “special”.

Im willing to bet this guy is one of the “special” people who park in the yellow no parking spot in front of the outside bank machine.

It happens every time I go to the bank.  These “special” people park in front of the machines, blocking other cars so they/I can’t back out of the space and leave.

Then when I tell them to get back in their cat so I can leave they say, “ just wait...can’t you just wait”.

Why should I have to sit in my car and wait until it’s his turn to use the machine?

Oh!  I forgot..they are “special”.

Honored Contributor

She paid the same amount for her ticket.

She did put the seat up for awhile.

Why should she have to keep the seat up because HE wants it up.

maybe she’s like me and is tired of the jerks who think they are special people.

Respected Contributor

It's her seat and she can recline or not.  No law against it.....yet.

Honored Contributor

Re: To Recline Or Not?

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

She paid the same amount for her ticket.

She did put the seat up for awhile.

Why should she have to keep the seat up because HE wants it up.

maybeshe’ss like me and is tired of the jerks who think they are special people.

He paid for his seat too...in fact no one knows if he paid more for his seat than she did.  The question still remains...Besides the actual seat your tush sits on, how much air space is yours? Is the space between your body and the seat in front of you yours or only or six inches of space?

Is the tray yours?  If so, and you wish to use it, does the person in front of you have the right to recline and rob you of it's use?  What if they recline and you have a computer or a drink on the tray?

This issue is not cut and dry.  It is pretty much plane etiquette that you do not recline more than an inch or two on a short day time trip.  At night, everyone reclines...but if you are unlucky to get that back seat that doesn't recline...how is that fair? I had no idea I was assigned that crummy seat until I went in and sat down.

I once got stuck in that last seat and paid full price for it.  I was assigned the seat at check-in.  Maybe I was given that seat because I am short...who knows?  Those seats are the worse and short on space even if the seat isn't reclined.  

I just read where this this lady wants the name of the male passenger who sat behind her so she can press charges and she also wants the flight attendant fired.

They were both equally wrong, but it I still over.  it is time for her to move on.  To continue  trying to have people fired and arrested shows she is a basket case trying to keep this issue going.  

I am fortunate that I never had to encounter a person like her when I was on a plane.  There is a reason people call us ugly Americans.  Many Americans are bad travelers and act entitled...like those two fools.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I was watching FOX a few minutes ago.  They played the tape.

He had his tray down.  Perhaps he’d have more room if he put his tray up...just thinking out loud.

I do agree that it could have been handled better but by the stewardess.  I don’t know if the plane was full but if there was another seat free, he could have moved to it.

Like someone here said, he bought the ticket, he must have known his seat didn’t move back but the seat in front of him did.

What makes him so special?  He reminds me of people I see every day....they think they’re “special”.

Im constantly amazed at the number of people who think they are “special”.

Im willing to bet this guy is one of the “special” people who park in the yellow no parking spot in front of the outside bank machine.

It happens every time I go to the bank.  These “special” people park in front of the machines, blocking other cars so they/I can’t back out of the space and leave.

Then when I tell them to get back in their cat so I can leave they say, “ just wait...can’t you just wait”.

Why should I have to sit in my car and wait until it’s his turn to use the machine?

Oh!  I forgot..they are “special”.

@Annabellethecat66   We don't know if he purchased that ticket at the last minute due to an emergency in his family or some other incident that gave him no choice.

When I had to get a flight at the last minute when my sister passed away, I didn't have much choice in seating.

The purchase of his ticket is not a factor in this situation.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Perhaps the man pounded on the chair because he was tired of jerks who thought they are special people?...