Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva 

that is the advantage of paying for the early bird check in.

you dont have to be on the internet 24 hours in advance to try to get an A spot.

it is automatically done for you. you can then at any time go in and print your boarding pass.

if you have someone to do it for you though you will save some money. Smiley Happy

That's one of the reasons I stopped with SW.  I always did early bird check in and have held A1, 2 or 3 tickets and yet they still let about 10 people in front of me for whatever reasons.  

So now I buy American or Delta tix using my Southwest Visa.  lol.

Honored Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia @I have sat with a seat up against my knees and it is not comfortable.I need to move my legs during a flight to stop sciatica.I think if the person in front reclines into your purchased space which is very limited these days then they should have to pick up some of the cost of your flight....really I believe that seats should not recline on domestic flights due to shortage of space.

Trusted Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva 

that is the advantage of paying for the early bird check in.

you dont have to be on the internet 24 hours in advance to try to get an A spot.

it is automatically done for you. you can then at any time go in and print your boarding pass.

if you have someone to do it for you though you will save some money. Smiley Happy

That's one of the reasons I stopped with SW.  I always did early bird check in and have held A1, 2 or 3 tickets and yet they still let about 10 people in front of me for whatever reasons.  

So now I buy American or Delta tix using my Southwest Visa.  lol.

--------

If only 10 people got on in front of you, that's still a great position. I would guess, the people who got on in front of you, were members of their frequent flyer, elite members, whatever Southwest calls that program, I don't remember. 

Honored Contributor
Flying has never been something I enjoy....but when I do have to fly, they have made it even harder. It is like a cattle-call when they announce boarding. I tried to take a can of beans home on my carryon...it is a brand/ kind not available where we live and Is a favorite of brother’s...my bag was opened on the conveyer belt and the can was confiscated...because it had 2 oz of liquid in it...not that they could have possibly known how much was in it. Once my rosewater and glycerin hand cream failed the drug swab... apparently the scanner can’t tell the difference between a nitroglycerin explosive and glycerin used as a moisturizer in skin creams. Can there be anything airlines do to make anything about flying less aggravating? I know safety is the primary goal...I get it...but the reclining nonsense and treating passengers like children is too much. Sitting in the tarmac for hours is supposed to not be allowed any longer....but it continues. I’ll take a road trip any time I can.
Frequent Contributor

@happycat wrote:

I have not seen the video. 

But, this day and age, if I was doing something that was obviously making a stranger mad, I think I'd try to stop. 

Because we don't know who is capable of what, and who didn't take their meds and the list goes on. 

Exactly!!