Trusted Contributor

Re: To Our Texas Friends in the Path of Harvey

@KingstonsMom,

Thank you so much for letting us know. I rather read your posts than watch TV🌻.Nature is beautiful however very powerful in this country. My best wishes to all Texans and keep safe.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Prayers to all in LA and TX that will be effected by this hurricane. The latest update is localized rain could reach 20" of rain and around Corpus Christi as much as 35".

Have mercy! I can't wrap my brains around that much rain... dahblink.gif holy-cow-smiley.gif

mmUntitled.jpg

Honored Contributor

I'm so glad I live where I do. 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

To all in the path of the hurricane,

Image result for in our thoughts and prayers images

Honored Contributor

We visit the ocean and gulf areas, but, no way in hale would we put down roots there. Insurance, would slay you.

Up in Amarillo area we're getting cooler temps and little rain out of it.

Honored Contributor

As a survivor of Hurricane Andrew, I'm more than thinking of you guys today.  You'll have more help than you know what to do with now and afterwards.  HeartHeart  Heart  

Honored Contributor

We watched San Antonio newbie mayor Nirenberg on the Weather Channel.  He has a  lot on his plate right now.   Very impressed with his composure and plan of action.

Evacuees have already arrived last night in San Antonio so the coordination for residents and evacuees  is really great.

One thing I can say about San Antonio-they are always the first to step up to the plate. as they did during Katrina.  Watching all those busses rolling in during that time was awesome.

This time it's evacuees and residents; a bigger task but they've got this.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

I was just reading more about this hurricane that they're now calling "the perfect storm", which could make it the strongest hurricane to hit the US in 12 years.

They also talk about the amount of rainfall (expected 30") may bring alligator infested floods. Please keep your eyes open for them!

I am now amping up my prayers and positive thoughts for all of our forum friends who will be affected!Heart

The Fort Bend County Sheriff's Office sent out an alert to residents about potential sightings of alligators due to the storm

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

thoughts and prayers for all sent out.

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

I was just reading more about this hurricane that they're now calling "the perfect storm", which could make it the strongest hurricane to hit the US in 12 years.

They also talk about the amount of rainfall (expected 30") may bring alligator infested floods. Please keep your eyes open for them!

I am now amping up my prayers and positive thoughts for all of our forum friends who will be affected!Heart

The Fort Bend County Sheriff's Office sent out an alert to residents about potential sightings of alligators due to the storm

Good Lord ! didn't even think about the gators !

Hopefully, people will watch their kids and pets.