Trusted Contributor

Re: To Our Texas Friends in the Path of Harvey

Please, please stay safe. Living in South Florida and having been through quite a few hurricanes, please do everything they tell you to. This is not to be taken lightly. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone in Harvey's path.

Honored Contributor

No automatic alt text available.

Honored Contributor

Prayers for all, including first responders, shelters and medical teams.

♥️

Honored Contributor

I've lived through three hurricanes while living in Puerto Rico. The snakes were the biggest threat because after the water receded the snakes were inside homes...YUCK! I would imagine the snakes could be a problem with Harvey, too.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I've lived through three hurricanes while living in Puerto Rico. The snakes were the biggest threat because after the water receded the snakes were inside homes...YUCK! I would imagine the snakes could be a problem with Harvey, too.

@SilleeMee  Yep-the snakes can be an issue, too.  They will try to get out of rising waters, including wrapping themselves around vehicle tires.

*shudders*

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

kristv.com in Corpus Christi is live streaming hurricane reports. 

Honored Contributor

Please keep in contact.  Blessings and prayers for everyone.  Get out if you can. 

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

We watched San Antonio newbie mayor Nirenberg on the Weather Channel.  He has a  lot on his plate right now.   Very impressed with his composure and plan of action.

Evacuees have already arrived last night in San Antonio so the coordination for residents and evacuees  is really great.

One thing I can say about San Antonio-they are always the first to step up to the plate. as they did during Katrina.  Watching all those busses rolling in during that time was awesome.

This time it's evacuees and residents; a bigger task but they've got this.

My sister lives in San Antonio.  We were raised there and I moved away when I was 17.  Back in the very early 60's I went to SA to see my dad.  Hurricane Carla hit while I was down there.  Yes, the winds and rain in SA were awful at that time  That was all that was on the news.  I was only 21 at the time......yes, that was ages ago, but something a person doesn't forget.  

Am waiting to talk to my sister now.  She has been away from home all day.  

Respected Contributor

I hope everyone stays safe.

Heart

Respected Contributor

Thank you all so much.  I just found gas after searching a while (a lot of stations are out), and got some groceries.  Not a slice of bread to be found on the shelves!  I felt lucky to find bottled water.  Smiley Happy