Respected Contributor
Yes, I would tip them. Depending on the layout of your house (steps outside, length of driveway, stairs and hallways to navigate inside, etc,) I would tip $10-$20 each.

Everyone is struggling these days. But if you can afford to buy the furniture, you can afford the tip..that's my view. If they weren't delivering, you'd have to do it yourself or pay someone to do it for you.

No one knows how much they earn or if they get xtra from a delivery fee. (I'm betting not.)

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Katcat1 wrote:

Oh yes, we tip for everything today which I think is ridiculous.  It is strictly up to you if you want to tip and make a note you will never see that guy again.  This is the funniest -- a glass jar at the drive up window for tips at Starbucks.  Are you kidding me.  There is no way that I am tipping.  First of all that is your job.

@Katcat1  From experience having been one of THOSE people you will not tip in my earlier years....

we are not paid well...work very hard...we APPRECIATE the tips that people leave....and we always remember those people and their faces that do tip. We also remember THOSE THAT DO NOT TIP.  Yes,it is our job, but one that is under paid and very hard with long hours....a tip is an act of kindness and appreciation...obviously you are not into that. You can live with that.

@SeaMaiden 

You are so right, DD remembers the non-tippers addresses and will NOT take any deliveries for them in the future, it's not worth the $2.50 that Door-Dash pays her.

Let them get off their cheap lazy butt and go sit in line for their own food, it's not worth it for just the $2.50, that doesn't even cover gas these days.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@SeaMaiden   I hsve worked in Retail and never espected a tip.  I can understand tipping hairsylist but tipping someone for making me a cup of coffee, no.  Remember you took the low paying job and you should not rely on customers tips.

LOL! That's funny! That's why you're one of 'those' that the delivery services refuse to deliver for! Shame on you.....

837514213.gif

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Depending on the guys who show up, I might slip them each a five, but that's about it. With prices as they are, and if there was a charge for delivery, there needs to be a limit. Tipping, overall, has become ridiculous, though for heavy work, I can see something at least nominal, unless they show up with a cast of thousands. Then forget it.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Judging from some responses here, it's not surprising that DD has realized that the best tippers for deliveries are younger people, not older people......

Honored Contributor

Just to add, it's 8:30 ET and she's still out delivering food in a torrential rain, but she doesn't deserve a tip? Yeah okay.....

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

Judging from some responses here, it's not surprising that DD has realized that the best tippers for deliveries are younger people, not older people......

@KingstonsMom   This surprises me that the best tippers are younger people.  I always tip Door Dash (and others) well.  My 34 year old niece tips well, too, though.  I'm also surprised that Door Dash only gives their drivers $2.50 per delivery if I read that right.  That's awful.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack 

Yeah, they only pay them them $2.50- $2.75 per order depending on peak times vs. non - peak times, they depend on tips, whether it's $2-$3, that's fine, it at least makes them feel that their effort is appreciated rather than just dismissed as unimportant.

It's now 9PM and she just spent almost an hour waiting for her delivery to be ready to deliver, I told her after this one to just sign out and not take any more deliveries tonight.

Regular Contributor

Yes, I would tip. It's too bad he has no one to help with the heavy lifting. I'd give him $20.

Valued Contributor

I do tips, but becareful because I almost got a young man in trouble, I had my car serviced and the dealership always wash your car.  I tried to tip the young man that washed my car becasue he did a great job and he said he cojuld not accept tips.  I think his boss was listening and watching.