Contributor
I for one would like to leave the time the way it is instead of getting an extra hour of sleep. When we spring forward it takes me some time to adjust not having that extra hour of sleep.
Honored Contributor

We stayed on DST over the 1974-75 winter season.  It was done to save oil.  My daughter was born in January and time listed is DST on her birth certificate.

I wouldn't mind if we stayed on it all year around. I don't like the early darkness.

I don't mind the time change though, it's only one hour.

Honored Contributor

Our state doesn't fall back or spring forward.  It's nice to have the sunrise/sunset gradually change throughout the year.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Valued Contributor

I too wish that they would keep it on daylight saving time. To me there is no reason to keep changing it.

Honored Contributor

Especially now a days, during these Covid times, when some folks could be dining or gathering outdoors for an extra hour of daylight.  Social distancing, etc.  

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

Our state doesn't fall back or spring forward.  It's nice to have the sunrise/sunset gradually change throughout the year.

Wish we could do that here in CA as well.  In fact, I wish we would adopt that across the country.  Go with the natural changes throughout the year as intended.

“Do not think only of your own joy, but vow to save all beings from suffering.”
Dalai Lama
Respected Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

We stayed on DST over the 1974-75 winter season.  It was done to save oil.  My daughter was born in January and time listed is DST on her birth certificate.

I wouldn't mind if we stayed on it all year around. I don't like the early darkness.

I don't mind the time change though, it's only one hour.

I was in second grade that school year and I remember walking to school in the morning and it being dark outside.  I believe that's why they decided not to try it again in subsequent years.

Honored Contributor

I am sooooo counting down the minutes until Sunday!! I walk in the mornings and very much welcome walking again when it is daylight! I have to wait, now, for the sun to come up. At least, starting next week, I can get my day started a lot earlier!! Heart

"Pure Michigan"
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I agree! Stop changing the time. ☹️🥺😡

Honored Contributor

I just wish they stop this nonsensical time changes.  Pick one and stick with it!  (Although I wouldn't mind if they selected Standard time.)