Honored Contributor

1#clock.gif

Honored Contributor

1#fallb.gif

Trusted Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

I am sooooo counting down the minutes until Sunday!! I walk in the mornings and very much welcome walking again when it is daylight! I have to wait, now, for the sun to come up. At least, starting next week, I can get my day started a lot earlier!! Heart

I have started walking in the mornings as well, i too am looking forward to Sunday.  However when push comes to shove, I just wish they would leave it alone one way or the other.  The time change is ridiculous

Honored Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

Our state doesn't fall back or spring forward.  It's nice to have the sunrise/sunset gradually change throughout the year.

you are lucky @SurferWife ! i wish our state would just stay on standard time all year long.....i wish the entire country would do it!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

Already fretting about to do about my old, wind up, chiming baby.  Right now it is right time.  What to do????  It is a little grouchy.

Honored Contributor

I hate falling back!  I'm ready for bed at 7:30.  LOL

Honored Contributor

Re: Time change

[ Edited ]

I hate falling back, it gets dark way too early here in the Midwest! I hate that. For some reason, I don't mind going to work in the dark, but hate coming home in the dark!

Honored Contributor

Standard is my preference and I always look forward to that night almost as much as the holidays.  Love for the sun to set early and the stars to shine.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Super Contributor

I would love to stay on this time, too! I would rather deal with dark mornings than lose my evening light. I don't have time for morning walks even now because I have kids to get ready for school and I have to get ready for work. But I would like to be able to walk in the late afternoon or early evening after work/school. 

Esteemed Contributor

The current excuse is kids walking to school, but in most communities kids no longer are walking. It simply isn't safe enough for children to walk to school like it formerly was. Most parents either drive their children or are in carpools or have them driven by day cares. The schools near me have very, very few (if any) grade school or middle school students walking alone to or from school.

A few of the older students will use their bicycles during nice weather, but that seems to be a thing of the past as well. Too many bicycles are targets for theft from what I understand. 

Even forty years ago, I drove my son and the neighbor kids to school most mornings or they rode their bikes. They did walk home during nice weather, but in cold or inclement weather I always picked them up. At the time we lived in a different home and the walk was through a park-like setting. We (both sets of parents) simply weren't comfortable with their safety on the wet/damp leaves/grass or kids playing around in the snow  without an adult near for help. You never know what could happen. 

Fortunately, I worked in a Fortune 500 Company and had the luxury of putting my family first, even though I usually was in my office on Saturday and/or Sunday mornings as a result. No overtime for management personnel. (At least I knew our son was safely sleeping while his dad was home those early weekend mornings!) Doubt that would happen in today's workforce.  

Even at my age, I long for one time. This changing twice a year disrupts my body clock rhythm!

Money screams; wealth whispers.