Super Contributor

Re: Tiger Shot Due Because of Stupid Human.

@millieshops wrote:

@BostonMommy   I wish I thought people like this cleaning man would choose to follow his training.  I believe this j... knew what he was doing, but assumed he was smart enough and fast enough to avoid the the tiger.  All ego, no thought.  

I join those who think what he did was criminal.  Some who have done far less are in prison already.

@millieshops

I agree with you. What he did was very criminal and he should be charged.

Honored Contributor

I felt better to read this. They tried to get the tiger to release the arm before shooting it. Still sad.

"WCJB News"

The first deputy on scene kicked the enclosure and tried to get the tiger to

release the man’s arm from its mouth but the deputy was forced to shoot the animal.

Honored Contributor

STUPID MAN ,AND THE TIGER PAYS WITH HIS LIFE.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Trusted Contributor

@chickenbutt  Thank you! You saved me a comment; I was going to post the same thing. 

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

SO SAD

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2    I heard on the news yesterday that they did not know if the tiger died.  I hope the tiger lives.  What an idiot to put his arm in the cage.  He should be fined at least for his stupidity.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bikerbabe wrote:
@Carmie
While some zoos are not good environments (some are excellent, others not) they play an important role in breeding programs to continue breeds that are endangered and likely to become extinct at some point.

I prefer the San Diego Wild Animal Park because of the acres the animals have to roam.

@bikerbabe   @Carmie

The Bronx Zoo also has an amazing program and has saved a few species from extinction with their breeding programs. 

While it seems animals would be better off wandering around wherever they want to go, the low numbers are even more threatened by poachers and game hunters.  And other predator animals.  They definitely aren't "safe" in the wilds, so no, that's not the best place for several species.

For a big cat to be protected and cared for, fed the foods it likes, get great medical care, and a chance to breed with others in that species, personally, it's the better option for species preservation.

I think it's a good safety net for all endangered species.  

Trusted Contributor

This didn't have to happen. Why didn't the deputy have tranquilizer darts to use on the tiger? Shooting it was probably the quickest way to save the moron who stuck his arm inside the cage, but such a shame to kill a beautiful animal because a human acts like an idiot, I hope the guy lost his job; he could have easily lost his arm or his life for being so stupid. No sympathy whatsoever. 

Trusted Contributor

I hate seeing any animal in a cage...even domestic animals. To see zoos cage these gorgeous wild animals in pens where they live their whole lives is sad. I have been to the San Diego Zoo. It is a large, beautiful place and most of the animals have large areas where they can roam around with trees, etc, but it is just not the same as living in their native habitat, where nature intended for them to be.

Esteemed Contributor

Heartbreaking!💔😞

~~~All we need is LOVE💖