Trusted Contributor

Re: Tiger Shot Due Because of Stupid Human.

@Sooner wrote:

@peggyhbsl wrote:
He did his job. He saved a human life.

@peggyhbsl People do stupid stuff all the time.  Texting and driving and killing people?  DUI?  Mountain climbing and getting lost, boating in storms and people lose their lives trying to rescue stupid stunts.

I feel sorry for all involved.  And I feel sorry for the guy's family, the shame, ridicule, maybe he is maimed and it's hard to work from now on, feed his kids.  Nothing good about this, but I have compassion for people who do stupid things because I've been stupid too many times too and got lucky most of the time. 

I have NO sympathy or compassion for this MORON or his famiy. He deserves ALL the ridicule and shame that goes with his actions. My sympathy is with the tiger who was killed because of this IDIOT

Trusted Contributor

They should have just shot the stupid guy who stuck his arm in the cage instead of the tiger who just did what comes natural to it. He was an endangered species. The stupid guy didn 't even work with the animals - he was a cleaning person. 

The stupidity of some people is infuriating!

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

According to the news earlier tonight, they're still "deciding" whether to press any charges or not.

What's there to decide?  He was where he had no business or authority to be.  He caused the death of an endangered animal by his stupidity and arrogance.

File the ****** charges!  (I'm sure someone is going to come up with some sob story about why he shouldn't have to "suffer" any more consequences.)

(And for those who say a human life is more important - that's fine, if someone is in peril through no fault of his own.  This was a clear violation of his employment terms and he made a conscious decision to put himself in that situation.  Let's have some sympathy for the staff and police officers who had to deal with the result of that.  I have NONE for this moron.)

Honored Contributor

Society doesn't value or treat animals as the animals they are.  Dogs live inside and wear coats and are our "babies."  Dogs are anthromorphized to a level now that is unbelieveble.  They are dogs.  Let them do what dogs like to do. 

Not all dogs are sweet, not all are good natured and people don't respect that in them.  Lions and tigers and other big cats kill to eat.  They are hunters and are dangerous.

People don't fear animals now when they should, they are not careful around them and they assume way too much. And that is the fault of people, not the animals.  

I doubt that will ever change at this point.  

And I too find it disturbing that people would think so little of a human life.  That goes along with the violent attitude of our society.  

Not every issue has to find a hero and a villian.  But when people have so little empathy for all of us animals--humans and others--I find it frightening and sad. I pity the guy dumb enough to pet a big cat; I pity the cat; and I pity the guy who had to shoot it.  It doesn't cost me anything to feel for them all.  It was a life threatening situation and somebody had to take action.  

Every day fire fighters and police officers risk their lives and sometimes die for people who do stupid stuff.  Doesn't make it right but it is what it is.  

Respected Contributor

Tigers are endangered. There are entirely too many stupid people in the world.