Respected Contributor

Re: Tiger Loose in Knoxville, TN

@KingstonsMom  I pray that "Tony the Tiger" can be tranquilized and taken by a peaceful event.  These are magnificent creatures and I am sure that he is enjoying his scenic route from wherever he has been locked up.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@NickNack 

I wonder if it travelled to Knoxville from a state where it's legal to own one?  N.Carolina and Alabama both border Tenn. Makes me wonder.

@SilleeMee   I guess it's possible, but I don't think it's likely.  It would have had to travel through other cities to get to Knoxville,  Knoxville isn't on the border.  Nothing has been mentioned about sitings in other cities.  I just hope they're able to capture it alive and before it kills someone.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Maybe it will end up on JTV, they are in Knoxville. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

They are saying it's a tiger cub.  The off-duty cop who initially saw it guesstimated it was 4 - 6 months old.  

So it's not hard to imagine that someone got a kitten as a pet, then released it when it became too difficult to manage.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

I f you have a dog ,they have to go out to potty, what would you do? And people going to and coming home.

Reeeeeeealllllly big litterbox? I can only imagine the damage to the couch. (Just kidding. Like everyone else, I consider the exotic animal trade abominable.)

The poor thing. It doesn't belong here. Even big as it is, he or she is probably scared and stressed out of its wits. I hope this has a happy ending and the tiger finds a much better home.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

Looks to be like a cub- someone spotted it in their backyard- updated down below..

https://www.wbir.com/article/life/animals/911-calls-reveal-tiger-tracks-in-east-knoxville/51-1abb1e4...

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

I f you have a dog ,they have to go out to potty, what would you do? And people going to and coming home.

Reeeeeeealllllly big litterbox? I can only imagine the damage to the couch. (Just kidding. Like everyone else, I consider the exotic animal trade abominable.)

The poor thing. It doesn't belong here. Even big as it is, he or she is probably scared and stressed out of its wits. I hope this has a happy ending and the tiger finds a much better home.

What i mean,if you have a dog ,they have to go out,i would be scared too death to take them out.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

I wondered that, too. And also what about the kids coming home from school, if they are having school there. I guess some places in the US are only doing online, not sure about Knoxville TN. 

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

It is totally legal in several states to own tigers as pets. They are surprisingly cheap and easy to buy. Just awful, imo.

Good Heavens, thats crazy. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It could be that someone travelling through on I40 stopped at the Pilot or the big truck stop on Strawberry Plains and the cub took advantage and jumped out.  No here kitty kitty would work on a tiger cub.  I know the Knoxville Zoo and Tiger Haven will work their hardest to get this tiger back and in a safe home...

I want him or her to be found safe.  

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee