Honored Contributor

If you want pure thymol then you'll have to look for crystals ...pure stuff is crystalline. It does not dissolve in water very easily and will require mixing it with a blend of glycerin, alcohol and water. Amazon has sells thymol cyrstals. You can also use thyme oil which usually contains about 40% thymol. Recipes can be found in many places to make a disinf spray.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

If you want pure thymol then you'll have to look for crystals ...pure stuff is crystalline. It does not dissolve in water very easily and will require mixing it with a blend of glycerin, alcohol and water. Amazon has sells thymol cyrstals. You can also use thyme oil which usually contains about 40% thymol. Recipes can be found in many places to make a disinf spray.

Thank you,have you tried making this? SOOO GLAD YOUR BACK.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Expensive shipping on crystals, won't pay that.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest 

No, I have not made anything using thymol or thyme oil. But to me it's sounds easier to use the thyme oil to make a disinf spray. 

Honored Contributor

I placed a order for some ready made products, seventh generation,and one other that is on list of epa approved using thymol.we will see.

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I was thinking about @goldensrbest , and I was just going to post the same thing regarding the use of oil of thyme.

That is what I would personally try using myself, if I was going to try making some kind of a disinfectant solution. 

I was thinking that it would contain thymol, without having to try and purchase any thymol, either. Smiley Happy

I am glad to see that @goldensrbest has found some retail products to try that already contain thymol. 

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

I placed a order for some ready made products, seventh generation,and one other that is on list of epa approved using thymol.we will see.

Please let us know how you like it. I would like to have a clearly non toxic disinfectant in my cupboard. Even if it smelled odd, it would be nice to have. I would just buy a smaller bottle of it and not use it quite as often.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr