Honored Contributor

Three Cheers for Mother Nature!

Thankfully the first winter storm of the season will arrive next Tuesday bringing a few inches up to 2 ft of snow to the Southern Rockies.  What a blessed event this will be this rotten year.  It's always a thrill to see the first fresh snow on the peaks each fall.

No snow in the valleys but we will have heavenly highs in low 70s next week.  What a blessing!

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: Three Cheers for Mother Nature!

Sounds good to me!  Enjoy the weather and I am sure the first snow will be lovely and welcome!!

Honored Contributor

Coming this Tuesday night we will dip down to freezing here in the city.  The highs on M-T-W will only be in the 50s. I knew it was coming b/c I saw a guy on TWC talk about the jetstream activity way over in the Far East and how it causes a whiplash in the arctic air mass to move farther down on our side of the earth. Interesting.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 

Well we arent getting snow here in Texas but the first cool front is coming next week...they're predicting a high in the upper 70's on Wednesday and the rest of the week in the low to mid 80's (a far cry from 100's and upper 90's)...I CANT WAIT!!! Woman Very Happy 

I heard some folk lore----ABOVE normal hot summer=cold winter....since we didnt get a real Texas winter last year hope we do this time around, and we certainly met the requirements for the summer, even hotter than normalll....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

Enjoy! We have an excessive heat warning starting tomorrow through Monday, sheesh.  I haven’t heard if we are part of your cool down starting Tuesday but one can dream.

Honored Contributor

The Weather Channel video shows where the cool down will happen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2p8pvG4XQ7M

Honored Contributor

@Spurt    It's very early for an Artic cold front, especially in Texas.  Usually comes about 2nd week of October.  I bet there's still some hot weather coming but a respite is sure nice.  It 94-96° here through Labor Day.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Spurt    It's very early for an Artic cold front, especially in Texas.  Usually comes about 2nd week of October.  I bet there's still some hot weather coming but a respite is sure nice.  It 94-96° here through Labor Day.

@Kachina624 

If we have a "normal" year...its not unusual for us to get a teaser---temps in the upper 70's/low 80's mid-September....then it warms up in the low 90's and then finally in October we get a nice cool down....thats if its NORMAL.....

Tommorrow 90, and then 92 Saturday and 94 Sunday & Monday....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I don't think there is 'normal' weather any more. We've managed to mess that up, too, unfortunately.

Respected Contributor

We're under an Excessive Heat Warning again from Friday morning until Monday night with 110-112 temps expected. Ugh.