Respected Contributor

Re: Thoughts On Your Birth Order

I am the oldest out of my mom 3 kids and the youngest out of my dad 2 kids. My youngest brother was spoiled rotten and still is. My other brother (middle child) could come and go as he pleased without a lot of questions. But out of all my siblings I have always been the mature one and always had a level head.

Honored Contributor

I am the oldest of three, I never really liked school. My little sister was an excellent student and I think she liked school, I think if she had set higher goals for herself she could have been quite successful. 

Regular Contributor

@Jordan2 

I am the firsrt born of three - my Brother was 4 yrs younger, & sadly I lost him this year. He worked hard all of is life and supported deadbeat kids until they finally got their life together. My sister was born when I was 16 and after Mom went back to her nursing job, I took over being "Mom" after school. My sister is bi-polar and can never hold a job. We have become estranged due to her actions when our parents were both at the end of their lives. I have forgiven her, but cannot forget how she manipulated all of us when things were already so sad. I am glad she is finally working and sounds content, but cannot deal with the personality changes any longer and her jealousies of me which are unfounded. I have always had a good job, raised three wonderful children on my own & am blessed to have 5 wonderful grandchldren who are in their early 20's except for one in his last year of high school.

Honored Contributor

I am the elder of two.  I have a brother who is about 6 years younger than I am.  We are not particularly close, nor are we estranged.  I always wished I had more siblings and that there was not such a large age gap between my brother and me.

Trusted Contributor

I'm an only too and agree with what you said.

Honored Contributor

@croemer wrote:

Image result for first born traits

First born here... I fit the traits except bossy. I can be...usually bide my time and have to be angry before I become bossy. Also being a first born my parents were much more strict and I felt they expected more of me.

Most of these characteristics do not fit my siblings, myself,  or our birth orders. 

Esteemed Contributor

I'm the oldest, the youngest, and the middle child. My only thoughts about it are that it sucks to be an only child.