Honored Contributor

Re: Those people who want to be in the audiences of TV shows.

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Teacups wrote:
The view should be cancelled. A bunch of negative ladies fighting.

They have a lot of nerve!

@mom2four0418, didn't you know that "ladies" should never argue or debate or discuss. It's just...unseemly.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

My best friend's niece was in the audience of Ellen about 1 year or less ago.

She told her it was a terrible experience.  She said she had to go to the bathroom and was not allowed to leave to go.  She said they were told not to touch or stand up but to act all happy and clapping when Ellen goes up into the audience and on and on.

She said she will never be in the audience of these shows ever again.

I'm just telling you what the girl told my friend.  This girl is an adult and I've met her many times.  She's a very happy cheerful person and I've never known her to be negative.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

My best friend's niece was in the audience of Ellen about 1 year or less ago.

She told her it was a terrible experience.  She said she had to go to the bathroom and was not allowed to leave to go.  She said they were told not to touch or stand up but to act all happy and clapping when Ellen goes up into the audience and on and on.

She said she will never be in the audience of these shows ever again.

I'm just telling you what the girl told my friend.  This girl is an adult and I've met her many times.  She's a very happy cheerful person and I've never known her to be negative.

I'm sorry but I don't believe this. She either totally misunderstood, was in a bad mood, or maybe has some distaste for the star of the show.

Show producers want the audience to have fun and enjoy themselves. They certainly do not want unhappy people.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Alison Wonderland wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Like on  the Today show crowd outside in the plaza... acting like idiots most of the time with signs and costumes  jumping up and down and screaming.......  just to be on TV.... or in audiences of shows like Ellen or the like... doing whatever they are told to do to look excited or jumping for joy  and more screaming.....

What kind of person wants to do  THAT?  What is  the prize?  It really stumps me. 

It's a fun experience for them and they'll have the memories of the fun they had. They go with family and friends and wave to family and friends. Life isn't about prizes for everyone. For some, life is about experiences and memories.

I was in the audience at one of the Joan Rivers late night shows when it was on FOX.  Reba McIntyre was the main guest.  EDGAR was sitting near Joan but he was not on camera.  It was fun and, NO we did NOT have to jump up and down and, NO, we did not receive anything.  But we did have to follow prompts time to time.  And we had ro wait outside the theater for quite awhile before we were seated.  And we were allowed to __ if we had to go

Honored Contributor

A bunch of us did that back in the 90s ... outside the studio for the Today Show (if I recall correctly - it was some morning TV show) ... holding political signs.