Esteemed Contributor

Re: Those people who want to be in the audiences of TV shows.

I have been in the audience of several shows:

- The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson

-The Tonight Show with Jay Leno

-The ****** Cavett Show

- Who’s The Boss

- The Dinah Shore Show

I have to say they were all fun experiences.During commercials both Johnny & Jay spoke to the audience & signed autographs .After filming was over for Who’s The Boss Tony Danza came into the audience.I got to speak to him & got his autograph.

Esteemed Contributor

Long long time ago I was in an audience.  Exciting and there are some gifts.         

Valued Contributor

@NicksmomESQ ...  they were really fun experiences and we still talk about them ... good memories !!  I'm sure it's just as much fun ordering shoes ...  I'm going now ...

Honored Contributor

Fun is what you enjoy doing, laugh during and have happy memories after.  There is all sorts of ways to have fun and what one likes, maybe another wouldn't. I encourage everyone to have fun no matter what that may be.  Enjoyment could just be watching a good movie, going to a sports event, having dinner with family or friends.  As long as it gives you a happy positive uplifting feeling, it is working and we all need fun in our lives.

Honored Contributor

It's something fun to do.  There are things I did in my twenties that I look back on and cringe.  Lol.  

Valued Contributor

The view should be cancelled. A bunch of negative ladies fighting.
Respected Contributor

@Teacups wrote:
The view should be cancelled. A bunch of negative ladies fighting.

They have a lot of nerve!

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

I was in the audience for a live episode of Nashville Star when Wynonna was the host while I was on vacation in Nashville.  On a live show, once you're in, you're in and you can't move out of your seat at all.  I was sitting across the aisle from Patty LaBelle, who was a judge and Crystal Gayle who was just in the audience.

They leave 5 rows behind the judges empty and move the "pretty people" from other seats to sit behind the judges so that they are always in the shot.

I was sitting right behind the person who was eliminated the week before, so I was in the shot a lot.  We couldn't have cell phones, so when we were done I turned on my phone and had about 100 texts from people who saw me.

I have relatives who have been on game shows, like the Price is Right, and won the big prize at the end.

I have friends who have been in the audience for Dr. Oz.

I have friends who have tried out to be on Family Feud.

I have friends who won a Taylor Swift prize to go with her on her promotion tour for an album release and were in the audiences of all the shows she was appearing on including the Today Show and I forget which late night show on the West Coast.

Some people enjoy having experiences and some people enjoy watching others have experiences ;o)

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

The outside audiences are distracting to me.  I'm not saying they are idiots or can't wave or call somebody on the phone to let them know they are on TV.

However, seeing myself on TV for a few fleeting seconds wouldn't be a blip in my memory bank.   LOL

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden

The humor is NY/Jewish - the best!!!!