Honored Contributor

Those people who want to be in the audiences of TV shows.

Like on  the Today show crowd outside in the plaza... acting like idiots most of the time with signs and costumes  jumping up and down and screaming.......  just to be on TV.... or in audiences of shows like Ellen or the like... doing whatever they are told to do to look excited or jumping for joy  and more screaming.....

What kind of person wants to do  THAT?  What is  the prize?  It really stumps me. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Those people who want to be in the audiences of TV shows.

My son was in the audience at "The View" when he was in college years ago. He took home some nice gifts and said he enjoyed himself.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Like on  the Today show crowd outside in the plaza... acting like idiots most of the time with signs and costumes  jumping up and down and screaming.......  just to be on TV.... or in audiences of shows like Ellen or the like... doing whatever they are told to do to look excited or jumping for joy  and more screaming.....

What kind of person wants to do  THAT?  What is  the prize?  It really stumps me. 

I think you answered your question by calling them idiots in your OP.  The ones who have me puzzled are the people who go on the Judge Judy show.  Good grief, what are they thinking and where are their brains?  (I suspect it's that 15 minutes of fame thing.)

Honored Contributor

@Tyak. I agree about Judge Judy!  No way would I ever want to go before her.  She is soooooo rude so often!!!!

Honored Contributor

Looks like they are having something some posters know nothing about by reading their posts. It's called fun. Gloom and doom seem to be a reoccurring topic on these boards.

Honored Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

@Tyak. I agree about Judge Judy!  No way would I ever want to go before her.  She is soooooo rude so often!!!!

yes, I am not a fan of judge Judy.... I think she is very rude and full of herself and all of her power.  A judge does not have to be that way.

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

It's a fun experience for them and they'll have the memories of the fun they had. They go with family and friends and wave to family and friends. Life isn't about prizes for everyone. For some, life is about experiences and memories.

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Apparently people of whom you do not approve and look down uponl.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

@Alison Wonderland wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

It's a fun experience for them and they'll have the memories of the fun they had. They go with family and friends and wave to family and friends. Life isn't about prizes for everyone. For some, life is about experiences and memories.

@Alison Wonderland    that is a good explaination. Thanks for sharing!

Respected Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

Looks like they are having something some posters know nothing about by reading their posts. It's called fun. Gloom and doom seem to be a reoccurring topic on these boards.

I know all about fun.   Many of those people we see  are making fools of themselves.