Contributor

Re: Those of you who have gotten both your Moderna shots, question?...

I had my 2nd Moderna shot about a month ago.  No reaction after the 1st shot.

The day after the 2nd shot I had chills, body aches, & extreme fatigue.  They only lasted the 1 day.

Honored Contributor

I love having an excuse to do the chicken dance.Chicken Dance | Pugs, Pug love, Dance

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Super Contributor

We had Moderna shots and had no reaction to either of the shots.  Good luck. 

Trusted Contributor

We received our 2nd shot yesterday morning....been sleeping a lot and each have a sore arm although mine is not that bad right now as I followed directions here to move it a lot which I did before I felt any pain. No itching and no blotchiness on either of us. Hoping we don't have nausea, chills or fever.  So far so good.  

Honored Contributor

got my first moderna the end of March---nothing but a headache that went away with OTC meds, arm barely sore on day 1--day 2 felt fine, day 3 felt a little out of sorts and arm felt like a flu shot---have been fine since--I go back on the 23rd for 2nd shot.

Honored Contributor

I wonder if age has anything to do with the reactions from the Moderna shot?

Any of my friends that are my age that got the Moderna had severe reactions, those that got the Pfizer did not.

No one I know that got the Pfizer had a reaction to it.

Valued Contributor

Just got my second Moderna shot yesterday morning. Last night I was achy and very tired. Today -- tons of energy.  

Helen852
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wow! Thanks for all the replies.

So, I got my 2nd shot Monday. Yesterday chills, 103 fever (Tylenol helped with that), fatigue, achey. Fine today. With this shot my arm is much less sore, only if you touch it.

My first shot I got no flu symptoms, but my arm was very very sore for 9 days...and not just when you touched it. Actually made sleeping tough the first night. Just fatigue and felt "off" the second day.

I somehow had the feeling I was going to get flu symptoms this time, and I did!

BF had second shot last week, only had mildly sore arm, and fatigue and slight headache second day. He had basically same outcome with each shot. We both got Moderna.

Good luck everyone~thanks for being vaccinated.

Respected Contributor

@Ceci wrote:

I had Moderna with no side affects after the first shot. I have not had my second shot yet.

I heard someone from the CDC explain what causes pain in the arms after getting the vaccine. The vaccine is given into a muscle. The most important thing to do is get the vaccine out of the muscle as fast as possible.

He said the most important thing to do immediately after the shot is to keep bending your elbow and lift something at least weighing a pound or heavier. While waiting the 15 minutes after the shot, women should keep lifing their purse or something they take with them. Lift your purse like a dumbell, bending the elbow down and up repeately. If you don't have a purse (man) bring along a 1lb dumbbell or something which weighs at least 1lb. Something heavier is even better.

I heard this the morning I was scheduled for my shot. I thought, no problem, my purse must weigh 10lbs. I did what he said, on and off during the 15 minute wait and my arm was never sore at all. I could press on the site of the injection and felt nothing.

What he explained is that the vaccine is very irritating to the muscle. The faster you can move it out of the muscle the better. He said if you don't move it out,  the muscle contracts and the vaccine sits in the muscle for a long time and the muscle gets increasingly irritated and swollen.

It made sense to me and I tried it and it worked. Told my daughter and she did it and no soreness at all. Same with son, again no problem.

All of us have always gotten sore arms after a flu shot. Now we are all determined to do this anytime we get a shot.

Wow...great information to share with us. Wish I'd known that after my first shot; as I've said here, my arm was SO sore with that shot, and it lasted 9 days. I just kept it still as I sat there for 15 minutes.

Just got 2nd shot Monday and arm is much less sore this time, (though I got flu symptoms yesterday but am ok today.) I didn't move my arm right after shot, but I guess I'll do it now. Though when I don't touch or move it this time I don't feel any ache, until I move it! Last time was completely different...hurt much more. I figured it was in a muscle. I wonder if all the "hydrating" they tell you to do, might also help with the shot moving out of the body, period, including the arm muscle.

Esteemed Contributor

Received my 2nd Moderna shot on Monday. While I had no reaction to the first except a sore arm, with the second I had a dull headache and by Tuesday, I was slightly achy and just did not feel "right". Woke up this morning and back to normal.

My daughter received her first Moderna yesterday, and said her arm was very sore and she had a fever and chills last night. I'm sure she will be feeling better by this evening.