Super Contributor

Re: Those Darn Reeses PB Eggs!!!

[ Edited ]

I agree 100% @CrazyKittyLvr2 ... it’s the pb to chocolate ratio! Enjoy!

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 -

I so agree!

I think those peanut butter eggs are just smoother and thicker peanut butter-just perfect.

I try not to buy them because, well , you know.

But you know what I really can't resist?!

Those egg cartons of dark chocolate marshmallow eggs. $1.00 at Walmart and most drug stores!

Also those malted milk, candy coated

easter eggs. And then those big easter egg things my grandmother always got filled with I'm not even sure what.

Easter candy for some reason are the ones I just can't not get!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

Why is the egg so much better than the regular PB cups? 

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

Never have eaten a PB Egg, fact never knew there was one. The PB Cups I have eaten but never the other. My wife has many different types of PB this, Chocolate that, around our home. Never been one for those types of things, still never eat them.

Now Natural Fresh ground PB? I fill up a 3lb Tupperware Bowl on a regular basis. Nothing but peanuts, no salt added. My wife prefers her sugar laden Regular Jif, doesn't like my kind.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Valued Contributor

For some reason the eggs taste better than any of Reese’s product. They are so good!
Honored Contributor

Well I was honest...I have no willpower...went & got my Rx! Oh my look what just happened to get in  my bag Cadbury eggs & Robin Whopper Eggs🤔🤷‍♀️

Now need the willpower to not open them at least tonight😂

D09F3660-BEF3-423D-B814-0BFAF93FD8A6.jpeg

Respected Contributor

@on the bay  Those cartons of marshmallow chocolate covered eggs are my major addiction too and they are so darned light, I can eat a carton just like that 😕. Dangerous!

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@panda1234  I think the chocolate on the eggs is in a thinner layer and seems smoother.  Better PB to chocolate ratio.

Could be @CrazyKittyLvr2 @we will never know. Definitely different and much better. 

Honored Contributor

@Azcowgirl wrote:

@on the bay  Those cartons of marshmallow chocolate covered eggs are my major addiction too and they are so darned light, I can eat a carton just like that 😕. Dangerous!

Those are insanely good.  I love milk chocolate with marshmallow.

As to the Reese's PB Eggs - I agree with the others that they are way better than the 'cups'.   I usually end up with a couple dozen of the eggs that I put in Lock & Lock and keep in the freezer.   I have at least a dozen of them still from last year.

The husband will probably bring me a couple 6packs at some point and in the freezer they will go.    The trees and hearts are good but the eggs are the best.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

my favorites have become the reeses PB thins......i get them at sams club. they are indivdually wrapped and are 50 calories each. of course, i buy them in a large container. Smiley Wink

they come in regular and dark.

https://imgix.bustle.com/uploads/image/2019/2/13/35fd3f3d-ddc3-4b0f-8156-2b42ee2a43ca-reeses-inside-feature.jpg?w=1020&h=574&fit=crop&crop=faces&auto=format&q=70

https://arc-anglerfish-washpost-prod-washpost.s3.amazonaws.com/public/44GOG57N3RCIRLKTDGZI3RAT2I.jpg

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

Reese's candy is so delicious.