Honored Contributor

Re: This question is for any hospital nurses on the Forum

I think the most important thing is that all shifts receive your thanks. It is a wonderful gesture. Years (and I mean years ago) someone sent a case of soda in cans for all the workers-that was before soda was available everywhere.

And there was no one left to speak out for me....
Trusted Contributor

@ monicakm, Your daughter is a jewel. A beautiful thought bringing you the flowers. I'm sure Mother's Day was difficult for you. Thrilled with her gesture. Always, Sligo

Respected Contributor

A tray of assorted cookies would be a nice gesture, and I'm sure appreciated by the nurses.  

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Honored Contributor

Since the Covid thing, it is better to send food that is individually wrapped.

And there was no one left to speak out for me....
Honored Contributor

@Linmo wrote:

@monicakm ITA with @Etoile308 Send or drop off some type of food for them to enjoy.  

Hospitals around here won't allow homemade food to be sent in.

Esteemed Contributor

After my cancer treatment years ago I had a a local bakery deliver a beautiful cake with "Thank you" written on the top to my cancer unit.   They even supplied paper plates, napkins and forks.  It was well received.

Honored Contributor

My SIL volunteers at that hospital Monica rocking the babies.  She is always taking the nurses Starbucks but she does it herself.  I would just call administration and see or have Nothing Bundt deliver one of their cakes.  I sent one two weeks ago to a business.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Trusted Contributor

After my cancer surgery, I bought sample sized high end shampoo, conditioner, moisturizer, sunscreen and serum and put them in small gift bags and dropped them at the hospital. My neighbor works at that hospital (and is in fact the surgical supervisor) and she said the nurses LOVED it.

Esteemed Contributor

I was a nurse for 50 years. I’d not send flowers as many patients leave them behind & as others stated, allergies. I’d call the hospital nursing supervisor & ask what is permitted. Anything you do to thank them would be appreciated. But, a letter to the nursing supervisor or head administrator & a copy to the floor staff was what I appreciated most.

If you do send food, just be sure to send enough for all three shifts as the evening & night shift are often overlooked.
Honored Contributor

Years ago when I had both of my knees replaced within a year of each other.  I had my husband arrange for a local bakery to deliver an assortment of 4 dozen cookies to the nurses station at the orthopedic department.