Honored Contributor

Re: This is unbelievable - my local weatherman -

occasionalrain wrote:

The authorities tell people to evaluate but not everyone has a car, fuel is in short supply for those who do, and not everyone can afford a flight or hotel room. Why didn't they bring in buses and military transport planes to get people out?

I can see using military transport, buses, etc., might be feasible to evacuate a city...   but an entire state?    I'm not sure how that could be done.    This looks to be a catastrophic event the likes of which we've never seen, and I guess everyone has been thinking about how such a huge population can be effectively informed and moved out of harm's way.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@Foolywooly11 Stay safe!  I'm going to worry about all of you all weekend.  Heart

Trusted Contributor

@Laura14: Thank you for the well wishes!!  Everyone I know & love is well, & that's what counts!  And my house is still standing, so I have alot to be thankful for. The loss of power, phone service, gas lines, ice lines, fallen trees; is small in comparison to what could have been. Woman Happy