Esteemed Contributor

@spumoni99 wrote:

I'm confused was it delivered to your home or to the post office? 

@spumoni99  I'm right there with you.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sage04 wrote:

@spumoni99 wrote:

I'm confused was it delivered to your home or to the post office? 

@spumoni99  I'm right there with you.

@goldensrbest, thanks for the explanation. That is very strange. Maybe there are no overnight workers.

At my two Post Offices night deliveries are entered through the back door because the workers are there overnight.

I would make a complain to Amazon. At the same time I would not have left a picture.

Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

I ordered a new keurig, it was delived to my post office, i do not have a mailbox at my home,but it was delived sat,afternoon,after the post office closed,it was left outside the door,you enter the post office,it sat there until this morning, miracle it did not get stolen.

@goldensrbest 

You lost me on this one. You do not have an address listed with your post office? Or is it, you just do not have a mailbox on, or near your home?

From reading this confusing post, it appears you are saying, your Kuerig was left outside the post office entering door! I know people without a mailbox on or near their homes, but they all have P.O. Box addresses and numbers.

Never read other posts before replying to a thread, so forgive me if you explained it to another person that didn't understand it. Maybe I am the only one, if so, I am sorry. I just ain't "pickin up what you are puttin down".

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hckynutjohn I've read it all and I am more confused than when I started.  I have no idea where the poster gets her mail or where the Keurig was left or who left it.

If I'm correct, the Post Office itself had no hand in the delivery of this.  Not sure how she got the package. Most confusing post I've seen in a long time.

Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@hckynutjohn I've read it all and I am more confused than when I started.  I have no idea where the poster gets her mail or where the Keurig was left or who left it.

If I'm correct, the Post Office itself had no hand in the delivery of this.  Not sure how she got the package. Most confusing post I've seen in a long time.

Glad it wasn't just me!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@hckynutjohn wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

I ordered a new keurig, it was delived to my post office, i do not have a mailbox at my home,but it was delived sat,afternoon,after the post office closed,it was left outside the door,you enter the post office,it sat there until this morning, miracle it did not get stolen.

@goldensrbest 

You lost me on this one. You do not have an address listed with your post office? Or is it, you just do not have a mailbox on, or near your home?

From reading this confusing post, it appears you are saying, your Kuerig was left outside the post office entering door! I know people without a mailbox on or near their homes, but they all have P.O. Box addresses and numbers.

Never read other posts before replying to a thread, so forgive me if you explained it to another person that didn't understand it. Maybe I am the only one, if so, I am sorry. I just ain't "pickin up what you are puttin down".

hckynut  🇺🇸

@hckynutjohn  from what I  understand the P.O. may have been closed when the Amazon delivery was delivered so therefor it was left outside the Post Office. Maybe it's a small Post Office which closes at a certain time.

She saw a picture of the delivery (as Amazon usually does). I would have gone and gotten it even thought someone might have thought that I was stealing it. I would have made sure I had my ID.

I also thought that all residences had to have had a mailbox and also if the package is too big for the box it would be left near the front door.

I could be wrong but I don't think so (ok right now I'm watching "Monk" I couldn't resist)

Esteemed Contributor

Re: This is odd

[ Edited ]

I'm glad that @goldensrbest  was able to get her package. Isn't it something? People steal packages from your porch but not from in front of a Post Office. I'm moving to that City.

Oh yea as you walk up to the Post Office, a sliding glass door opens, walk a few steps and another sliding glass door opens which leads to the lobby so that people can check their mailboxes. So maybe the package was left in the lobby and maybe no one had to check their mailbox during that time.

Honored Contributor

Re: This is odd

[ Edited ]

@Trailrun23 wrote:

I have had six orders waiting for delivery since last week. Five were delivered by UPS, Amazon, or FedEx...still waiting for the QVC order from USPS that was ordered over two weeks ago...the five that were delivered? one notification from. Alexa....nothing from the others...no notification, text, email, nothing. I know ringing the doorbell is no longer done, but when I sign up to be notified or updated, why doesn't it happen? I just happened to open the front door and found them. We were gone all day Saturday and found one on the front doorstep when we got home at 11pm. No telling how long it had been sitting there. Do you get notified of delivery anymore? It's also interesting that the only one that is not here yet is the only one that was not free shipping...

@Trailrun23 

I get an email notifying me that my package was delivered whether it be FedEx or UPS......and if you are signed up for Informed Delivery at USPS website you get an email notification too. I highly recommend INFORMED DELIVERY.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@goldensrbest  A similar thing happened to me. My private post office was closed on Saturday but someone (I think it was Amazon), left a package for me leaning up against the door. This was downtown and in full view of the street! No one took it. 

Honored Contributor

@willdob3 Private post office?  Do tell!

@willdob3 wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

@goldensrbest  A similar thing happened to me. My private post office was closed on Saturday but someone (I think it was Amazon), left a package for me leaning up against the door. This was downtown and in full view of the street! No one took it.