Respected Contributor

Yes, I have heard of that before. Either UPS or another agent delivers items to the post office and it is closed so there's no one to accept the delivery.  They just leave it.  Its crazy.  Sometimes whole entire pallets of goods are left at the PO because its after closing hours.

Esteemed Contributor

Seems that should be an issue the post office needs to  deal with whoever left the package.  The post office would have been responsible for the package till delivered to you.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Trusted Contributor

@goldensrbest I am a little confused. How do you know it was left outside? Many times the tracking on some of my items have all hours of the night entered with the Location and Activity. The USPS will show movement at 1 AM and 3 or 4 AM. Just because it is closed to the public doesn't mean it's closed to everyone. There are overnight shifts. I just don't understand how you know it was out in the open. If USPS informed you, then yes, this could be a problem.

Respected Contributor

@cjm61 wrote:

@goldensrbest I am a little confused. How do you know it was left outside? Many times the tracking on some of my items have all hours of the night entered with the Location and Activity. The USPS will show movement at 1 AM and 3 or 4 AM. Just because it is closed to the public doesn't mean it's closed to everyone. There are overnight shifts. I just don't understand how you know it was out in the open. If USPS informed you, then yes, this could be a problem.

I am wondering that also, the whole thing was confusing on how she knew etc.  Hope she comes back to clarify for us.

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

I am shaking my head. At least take it inside the lobby if you want to be done with it. I thought the lobbies stay open for the PO box people.

Either way, I understand not being a storage facility especially when it's gig work but you would think they would have checked the hours before making the trip to the post office to drop it off. 

Not sure how the gig rules are but go Amazon and other vendors. They should hold the delivery people responsible for lost merchandise if they are going to act like that. That's not a cheap item either.

I read it to mean that it was left in the lobby.  But since that's open to the public, anyone could have taken it.

Honored Contributor

@spumoni99 wrote:

I'm confused was it delivered to your home or to the post office?  

Post office,i said i do not have a home mailbox.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Re: This is odd

[ Edited ]

I know because i went to [post office to get my mail,they told me about it,also there is a picture on amazon,showing it was put out side the post office.So do you all understand?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

Do you know who shipped it and left it sitting outside? I wonder how often this happens. 

Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@spumoni99 wrote:

I'm confused was it delivered to your home or to the post office?  

Post office,i said i do not have a home mailbox.

MY postal worker leaves things on my porch sorry I didnt understand right away.

Respected Contributor

Re: This is odd

[ Edited ]

I have had six orders waiting for delivery since last week. Five were delivered by UPS, Amazon, or FedEx...still waiting for the QVC order from USPS that was ordered over two weeks ago...the five that were delivered? one notification from. Alexa....nothing from the others...no notification, text, email, nothing. I know ringing the doorbell is no longer done, but when I sign up to be notified or updated, why doesn't it happen? I just happened to open the front door and found them. We were gone all day Saturday and found one on the front doorstep when we got home at 11pm. No telling how long it had been sitting there. Do you get notified of delivery anymore? It's also interesting that the only one that is not here yet is the only one that was not free shipping...