Honored Contributor

I ordered a new keurig, it was delived to my post office, i do not have a mailbox at my home,but it was delived sat,afternoon,after the post office closed,it was left outside the door,you enter the post office,it sat there until this morning, miracle it did not get stolen.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I don't drink coffee I would had walked on by LOL

Respected Contributor

I'm confused was it delivered to your home or to the post office?  

Respected Contributor

I'd want to find out what delivery company left it there after the PO was closed.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

I ordered a new keurig, it was delived to my post office, i do not have a mailbox at my home,but it was delived sat,afternoon,after the post office closed,it was left outside the door,you enter the post office,it sat there until this morning, miracle it did not get stolen.

Wouldn't they have left a box at your doorstep as it would not fit in a mailbox?  It's odd that they left it at the PO and not your home

Esteemed Contributor

Re: This is odd

[ Edited ]

@goldensrbest  That is just ridiculous! I would contact the vendor you purchased the Keurig from and let them know. Probably won't change their shipping decisions, but they need to know.

ETA: How do you know it was left outside? Did the PO employees tell you?

Honored Contributor

Confusing. Was it outside your door or outside the post office?  I think the post office might be using temporary workers.  This month, they left 2 packages outside on my front steps.  Someone walked off with them.  One was QVC. 

Esteemed Contributor

USPS parcel delivery is not always in the regular mail deivery. 

They use a separate truck in my area and deliver until all parcels are delivered.  Also on weekends!

Honored Contributor

I am shaking my head. At least take it inside the lobby if you want to be done with it. I thought the lobbies stay open for the PO box people.

Either way, I understand not being a storage facility especially when it's gig work but you would think they would have checked the hours before making the trip to the post office to drop it off. 

Not sure how the gig rules are but go Amazon and other vendors. They should hold the delivery people responsible for lost merchandise if they are going to act like that. That's not a cheap item either.

Honored Contributor

It was probably transferred by UPS and delivered by a contractor like Newgistics.  Is it a very small post office?  Is there a CC camera in the area?  That would deter a thief.

The OP explained the scenario very clearly and a lot of people didn't read it closely.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment