Honored Contributor

Re: Thinking of those who are alone

@BirkiLady......what an uplifting and sincere post.  It has come from your heart.  Yes, you have done a great job of keeping on going......

Do hope everyone gets a chance to read your post.  

You're a good woman......with a kind and gentle heart.

Happy New Year to you.  May all good things come your way.

Esteemed Contributor

@ShowMe  Thank you. Our happiness isn't derived from others. It is from within. I'm grateful my loved ones are at peace. One day I'll join them. In the meantime, life is for the living and I intend to make the most of it while on this gorgeous earth! 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor

@qvcaddition. You are not alone. Today I "listened " to conversations that I can't really hear.(I'm hearing impaired, deaf in one ear and an expensive hearing aid in the other that doesn't help much). It's a struggle hearing even with family and friends who know of my problem.

After Christmas Eve and Christmas morning I had decided to stay home with the dogs and not return at night for sandwiches. My Son brought me home to walk dogs and unwrap more gifts at my house.

He said "It's Christmas, you can feed the dogs early and we won't be long" My Granddaughter wanted me to come also. So I asked my two Jack Russells if they wanted to have their dinner early and they heartedly agreed.

We ate again with me faking my hearing and laughing along with the group and feeling invisible and left out and angry at myself because I can't hear.

Then my Granddaughter came in with the new Pajamas with donuts on them I gave her and asked to see her new bed where she had put the throw with donuts on top. She too was anxious to escape to her freshly painted room (Her Christmas gift )and relax with her dogs. I told her I was tired also since I'm always up early at Christmas and I needed to let the dogs out. 

She told me "It's okay Grandmama, dogs understand more than people)!"

How perceptive she is for an eleven year old! 

That is why I'm glad to be with my dogs. They are trained hearing dogs and understand!

I hope next year you will try again to be with your family knowing your dogs will be waiting for your return.

Respected Contributor

Small amount of family here only female...basically feel alone...10:30pm company won't leave..said goodnight closed bedroom door cleaned up and in bed...watching tv...show about Jesus. Very tired ...want the day to close...
Respected Contributor

I am only female didn't make that clear
Honored Contributor

Every person handles life and loss and everything else differently. We all come from different backgrounds and circumstances. Sometimes abusive in many ways, that's not something you can positive attitude your way out of. Yes you can get help and avoid those people if you can.

Everyone travels a different path and we are all unique. I prefer to let people deal with it the way they choose and not judge. Walk a mile in my shoes really is true. What works for one person does not work for someone else.

The holidays magnify pain and loss and grief for many people. Going through grief, the most important thing for me has been to be able to do it the way I want to and have to.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21that's so true.  I was struggling this yr too....I remember yrs back when I was going thur some very awful times in my marriage/life...my Mom said to me "It's just not going to turn out the way you planned it".  While that didn't fix problems for me I needed to hear that...it seemed to slap some sense into me that I needed to accept life is hard and difficult and things don't always turn out the way you dreamed of when young.  I wasn't young when she said that to me (47) but I needed to hear it then.  You would think I would have gotten the message sooner in life as I went thur some "unplanned" stuff many times by then that slapped me down hard over the yrs before age 47!

Her words came back to me strongly this past week...and all night on and off last night.  

I am dead beat tired today...having chronic fatigue (I guess I must accept that dx) and yesterday just went on much too long for me.  I am never rude but I just couldn't function any longer.....I was praying they didn't start watching another basketball game after the other as some went until 1am.  I almost cried with relief when they left and am hoping they don't just show up again today or any other day this week.  I need a break...this isn't how I want my future Christmas to be.  

I basically clean bake cook shop wrap and then clean up after people.  One male got so wild with a simple game he slapped a glass of water all over one of my son's all over the floor chair and so on.  My other son's dog wouldn't pee on the lawn but would keep peeing in the kitchen...so I was cleaning up all the pee over and over.  Don't get me wrong he's a nice dog but not trained at all.  My spouse for some reason got to wild with the dog which seemed to cause more issues of peeing.  Of course he doesn't mind as he is not cleaning up pee.  And yes before anyone posts I did ask him to stop getting on the dog like that.  

Sitting there looking around in a daze I am already in some ways dreading repeating this next yr.  Perhaps my emotions will change but it wasn't very enjoyable for me.  I mostly enjoyed talking to my oldest son about what is up with him...and how puppy training the dog at a class is going.  He had to leave as he works the night shift.  Then it was basically all males talking about basketball on TV game after game.  

Other son opens gifts but never makes positive comments about what I picked for him unless I ask "do you like it? does it fit?" no thank yous....nothing.  My youngest son liked his things as he put his jacket on right away so I knew it was a hit!  

I don't know perhaps it's my mood....perhaps it's cause of my fatigue issues...I don't know...sitting here in my bathrobe...drinking some coffee at nearly 11:30am...was up at 4am cause I couldn't sleep and was hungry...went back to bed at 7:30am.  I feel like a train ran over me. Guess this is my new normal.

Just got informed they are all going to shooting range and I said that's fine as long as NOBODY comes inside the house today....no more company.  I need a break or I might go off the deep end!

Honored Contributor

@tsavorite......so sorry you had such a lousy day.  Maybe you could do differently next year.....  Just a suggestion.  

No, no one needs to have dogs peeing all over the place.