Respected Contributor

IMG_0006.JPG

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Respected Contributor

Re: To the healthcare heros.

Amen to that. I woke up at 1 AM with a very painful and swollen jaw. DH drove me over to the nearby hospital emergency room where I was treated for an abscess. Thank God for our health care system and the people who work there for us. 

Valued Contributor

I agree!

You can repay their sacrifice by thanking them for their services and being patient (no pun intended) when you have to wait for service.

Only a special type of person can be in the medical profession; thank goodness they are there for us!

Honored Contributor

My grandson was born on Christmas Day last year.

Everyone working that day asked for the shift.

It was very festive, who doesn't love a new baby on Christmas?!

Honored Contributor

I remember working the graveyard shift at the hospital during some of the major holidays. That was many years ago. But what I liked most about working the holidays was that I got paid triple-time!  I would often ask co-workers if they wanted me to pull their shift and that way I could make more money. It sure helped pay the bills back then...and some.Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

my sister is a hospital lab supervisor she usually works Christmas.  this year she missed both work and Christmas with the family.  She's home sick.

DH is the maintenance supervisor at the hospital and worked some yesterday and today.  Even when he was in factory industry he's always been on 24/7 call. 

Honored Contributor

@reiki604,

Thank you for this post,

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/christmas-happy/0007.gif

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@reiki604 Yes.  We worked in healthcare.  We did our share of holiday shifts.  Our Christmas dinner and our New Years Eve dinner was usually servied to us in a styrofoam container.  And we ate in between calls and watching heart rate monitors.  

We're retired now.  The experience sticks in our soul.

Respected Contributor

My Sister is a nurse and went to nights. She has always liked her job. She can tell alot of stories.My hats off to her because I don't think I could handle every thing she sees!