Respected Contributor

Thinking about the campaign to save Linea

With the boards closing, I have been thinking about the campaign that the Linea Ladies on these boards did that stopped QVC from booting Linea from Louis Dell O'Olio.  Was that about 12-13 years ago? I don't recall for certain.  Times have changed. Now what the QVC customer wants does not matter to the powers that be.

Respected Contributor

Re: Thinking about the campaign to save Linea

@PhilaLady1 wrote:

With the boards closing, I have been thinking about the campaign that the Linea Ladies on these boards did that stopped QVC from booting Linea from Louis Dell O'Olio.  Was that about 12-13 years ago? I don't recall for certain.  Times have changed. Now what the QVC customer wants does not matter to the powers that be.

They are in the business of making money, and many brands come and go usually because sales are not high enough. 

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

@PhilaLady1 

Since then we have lost many posters who were active on the BB due to the excessive monitoring and removing of threads. The topics permitted now are so limited that there are days when there is nothing to attract a response. When there is a topic that gets lots of posts, soon it's closed for comment or removed entirely.

Honored Contributor

And sometimes the vendors drop their line.    I used to really like Serena Williams sportswear (HSN).....but she has moved on.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

@occasionalrain We got squashed by the rules here.  

You stated it so well....................